• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rib Rub

Mrdeville

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
After observing many different rib rubs, they all pretty much have the same ingredients give or take one or two. What do you use? What's the best store bought rib rub?

Yardbird,Famous Daves and John's butcher shoppe rib rub(a local place)

My favorite, hands down, is Plowboys Yardbird. IMO, though, there are lots of rubs that are spectacular. Try a bunch of the recommended ones and you'll walk away very happy and very knowledgeable in the end.

My favorite, hands down, is Plowboys Yardbird. IMO, though, there are lots of rubs that are spectacular. Try a bunch of the recommended ones and you'll walk away very happy and very knowledgeable in the end.
I totally agree

There are some good store-bought rubs but I like to make my own homegrown. The possibilities are endless and ya just might hit on something that pulls all your strings.

I've made some pretty good ones and yes, some real losers. But thats part of the fun so I just experiment, experiment, experiment.....

I like simply marvelous cherry rub w/ some simply marvelous sweet seduction layered over the top.

I've tried and love all of the following, some solo and some combined with others listed:

Simply Marvelous Cherry
Simply Marvelous Sweet Seduction
Simply Marvelous Sweet & Spicy
Plowboy's Yardbird
Cimmaron Doc's
Smokin' Guns Hot
Big JT's Sweet & Spicy

There are certainly MANY more. You just gotta start somewhere and you'll find what you like. There's no "RIGHT" or "WRONG" to it I don't think.

I like:
Yardbirds plowboys
TexasBBQrub dot com

I want to try:
Simply Marvelous Sweet Seduction, or Cherry

I love Yardbird. I used some DennyMikes sublime swine today on a Butt. Turned out great.

I hear alot about the plowboys Yardbird is that something you guys get locally or do they sell it online?

I tried some Plowboy's rubs I found at Bass Pro Shop and they were good, but not that much better than the locally produced Fiesta rubs I normally use, considering they are 3 - 4 times as expensive.

I have no one favorite. I have used all of the above mentioned rubs and more, it really depends on how I feel

I don't really have a "go to" favorite, but I am partial to SM Spicey Apple on Pork ribs, and really love Yardbird on chicken. I have quite a variety in my pantry tho, and change it up a lot, just depends on what sounds good at the time.

KC

Back