BGE: First Dinner

OneHump

is one Smokin' Farker
Again guys, thanks so much for all of the advice. I really feel like you've cooked this meal for me. Without question, I have not had better Prime Rib. I put it on at 250F until the meat hit 110F, then opened her up to 500F and pulled at 122F. All in, it was a 2 hour cook. Only seasoned with Kosher salt, pepper and a little garlic powder.

I decided to make this thing about 30 minutes before it was in the cooker. I ran to the butcher, came back, seasoned and dropped it on.

Pictures taken with an iPhone 4. Some are a wee bit blurry due to my inability to hold still. :rolleyes:

Straight from the butcher:

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

On the Egg:

IMG_0850.jpg

Done@122F:

IMG_0854.jpg

Pretty close to perfect:

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

Sliced:

IMG_0862.jpg

Time to eat:

IMG_0867.jpg

Thanks for looking but, more important, thanks for your wealth of knowledge. Without it, I wouldn't have this meal and my family wouldn't be calling me a hero right now. :thumb:

Dave

Looks awfully good. First cook on my Oval was prime rib also.

Dinner looks awesome, much better than the cold pizza I just ate! Very jealous of the Egg, I've always wanted one.

nice! Little tip for the future, wrap the platesetter in foil it will stay a lot cleaner. Will have to do less high heat burn offs.

Very nice, That egg looks funny, all clean and stuff! It won't be long till you get her dirty! Nice looking piece of meat!

Great job, you really nailed it there!

Back