2019 Veterans BBQ Fundraiser

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Its time once again for our big VA cook in Milwaukee. This year we plan to cook for around 1500 vets! This looks to be a huge event, and we could really use some help from the brethren.

Guys, the overhead for this event is pretty big. Meats, breads, drinks, plates, forks, napkins, foil, pans, sauces, rubs, sides, etc. The list is a mile long. Sirporkalot has graciously donated Q salt from Naturiffic for the chicken. Steph at Simply Marvelous has donated Spicy Apple for the butts, and Big Poppa is donating Granny's BBQ Sauce for the ribs. Woodmark from Milwaukee is donating the hickory. That leaves a LOT that we still need. Mainly MONEY!

These cooks have really grown quickly. So quickly, in fact, OIFMarine started a 501(c)(3) for us so that we could more easily solicit donations from larger companies. You can check out our charity here - www.midwestbbqoutreach.com Guys, we could really use some help with funds for this cook. OIFMarine, ChicagoKP, and I are banging on doors and begging for cash all the live long day, but we're not quite where we need to be. Any help would be great appreciated! If we over raise, the money will be used to make this an even better event. If we REALLY over raise, it just gives us a leg up on the next event.

Also, if you have a business or if your employer would like to be a sponsor, please let me know. That's why we did the whole 501 thing! Fully tax deductible and we have a sign sponsor, so your business will get promotion during the event.

You can donate here -

https://www.gofundme.com/bbq-for-veterans-at-milwaukee-va

Here's a thread about last year's event.

https://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261286

Thank you all for your continued support of our veterans. We couldn't do all this without the continued support of the brethren.

L9DG78eh.jpg

DThX3Djh.jpg

DJn6gIJh.jpg

As someone who is always cautious about donating to charities, can you speak to how the money being raised will be utilized? How much of donations is going towards administrative costs?

As someone who is always cautious about donating to charities, can you speak to how the money being raised will be utilized? How much of donations is going towards administrative costs?

There are no administrative costs. Every penny goes to vets. Chris, Kirk and I do this in our free time. The three of us are the charity. The equipment we use, we own. We bought it or it was donated. We have spent thousands out of our own pocket to help make this happen, and we will never take a dime for ourselves. Our entire help staff for the event is 100% volunteer as well. ALL donations go directly to the things we need for the event itself. Food, plates, drinks, forks, reefer truck, ice, etc, but never a dime toward admins.

Last edited:
There are no administrative costs. Every penny goes to vets. Chris, Kirk and I do this in our free time. The three of us are the charity. The equipment we use, we own. We bought it or it was donated. We have spent thousands out of our own pocket to help make this happen, and we will never take a dime for ourselves. Our entire help staff for the event is 100% volunteer as well. ALL donations go directly to the things we need for the event itself. Food, plates, drinks, forks, reefer truck, ice, etc, but never a dime toward admins.

Outstanding, thanks for the quick response. I'll make a donation this afternoon and try to get all my vet buddies involved as well. Glad you guys are doing things the correct way and I appreciate all your hard work.

We are off to a good start! For all who have donated already, thank you! If you are unable to donate can you do us a favor and share the Gofundme link on Facebook, Twitter, etc? Also, if anyone wants to come help out during the cook, we always need more volunteers! Thanks everybody!

Why would you use a donation collection service that is going to siphon off over $1000 of the $7000 goodwill donation money?
Ed

Back