MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Default I Smell Smoke Competition Class 4/14/07

I Smell Smoke will be teaching an advanced competition bbq class on April 14th, 2007 at the American Legion post 77 in Ashland, MA. This is the real deal folks. We will show you how we prepare Chicken, Ribs, Pork and Brisket for KCBS competitions. The class is intended for people with at least some competition experience. Class size will be limited so sign up early. The application can be downloaded from www.ismellsmoke.com
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 01:24 PM   #2
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Steve, what time do you plan to start and what time do you expect to end? I need to look at flights in and out of Logan to determine if I can make this work.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 01:27 PM   #3
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge
Steve, what time do you plan to start and what time do you expect to end? I need to look at flights in and out of Logan to determine if I can make this work.
8:00 am to 4:00 or 5:00pm It's a one day thing. Demo style. Lunch will be served probably ribs and chicken with some sides and there will be sampling of brisket and Pork at the end of the class.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:26 PM   #4
CTSmokehouse
is One Chatty Farker

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeBBQ
I Smell Smoke will be teaching an advanced competition bbq class on April 14th, 2007 at the American Legion post 77 in Ashland, MA. This is the real deal folks. We will show you how we prepare Chicken, Ribs, Pork and Brisket for KCBS competitions. The class is intended for people with at least some competition experience. Class size will be limited so sign up early. The application can be downloaded from www.ismellsmoke.com
Sounds great. Hope to attend.

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff
CharGriller Outlaw with Mods,2X WSM in Comp. Mode
Weber Kettle 22" Gold, Kirkland Signature SS Gas Grill
La Caja Asadora - Caja China - Cajun Microwave 1
"Primal Meat Smokers" BBQ Team
Purple Primal Smoker Turtle!
CTSmokehouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 09:03 PM   #5
drbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Hey!
You stole my disclaimer!
drbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 09:27 PM   #6
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbbq
Hey!
You stole my disclaimer!
Sue Me

Old 02-23-2007, 07:24 AM   #7
drbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Just email me the chicken recipe and we'll call it even. I'd attend the class but I'm booked that weekend so it only seems fair.
drbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2007, 08:17 AM   #8
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbbq
Just email me the chicken recipe and we'll call it even. I'd attend the class but I'm booked that weekend so it only seems fair.
That sauce advice I gave you ought to count for something. I'll consider us even. thanks

Old 02-27-2007, 08:00 AM   #9
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Survey says ?

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:41 AM   #10
Jorge

Quote:
Survey says ?
Survey says that Jorge is up to his ass in alligators I'll know one way or the other this afternoon.

Shut up, and cook!!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 08:47 AM   #11
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Survey says that Jorge is up to his ass in alligators I'll know one way or the other this afternoon.
Alligators eh ? Man good luck with that

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:01 AM   #12
Jorge

I'm in. I finally have everything worked out and travel booked. Check for the class goes in the mail tomorrow since the mailman has already been here today.

The success that Steve and I Smell Smoke have had speaks for itself. Their success last year wasn't a fluke, and the 4th Overall at the Royal wasn't either. This is a bargain.

Shut up, and cook!!!!

Old 03-02-2007, 09:37 PM   #13
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Does the cost include the meat?
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2007, 09:40 PM   #14
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

I am attending the good doctors class 2 weeks before this then helpiong some turtles the following weekend in salisbury, this might be hard to swing, how far is that from New Yawk?
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2007, 10:45 PM   #15
pigmaker23
is One Chatty Farker

Steve, its about 2 1/2 Hours from New Rochelle, which is 45 minutes from you on Long Island, I am thinking of going, if I go, youcould catch a ride with me....
[B][COLOR=#008000]Mr. Bobo's Traveling BBQ Allstars ![/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=red][I]2009 Jack Daniels World BBQ BrisketChampion[/I][/COLOR][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=#ff0000]_______________________________________[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=black]Backwoods Fatboy (2) & a Chubby[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I]Jedmaster " BabyJed" Ring of Fire[/I][/B]
[B][I]OK Joe 84" Offset [/I][/B]
[B][I]Meadowcreek PR -72 Trailer[/I][/B]
pigmaker23 is offline   Reply With Quote