Commercial smoker preferences?

HallalHogSmoker

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been BBQ with stick burners for the past 11 years , but recently for the past 2 years i have been bbqing for events, parties, and construction food carts, within Canada. Business has been rapidly expanding and doing well, moving out of the backyard! Going into a store front, nothing too big around 1500sqft.

just wondering what you majority recommend in terms of commercial pellet smokers. I was very interested in purchasing a Myron Mixon's smokers but for some reason the pellet smoker is no longer available. I have been doing alot of research of pellet industrial smokers - from Southern pride, Cook Shack ext. The reviews / videos on majority of them are very dated, and i was wondering if someone can help me out.

I currently bbq on 2 wichita's which both are pride and joy, im not use to using pellet smokers, but it seems like its the closest consistent smoke flavor i am looking for - it is a lazier method, But since im going indoors, i wont be able to use them because of fire code, and need them to be stainless steel with approved stamps for inspection ext.

Shipping is in Canada.

Thank you for your help!

I've heard nothing but amazing things about CookShacks...I was very close to buying one myself, but I just can't get away from stickburning.

I was also looking very hard at the Ole Hickory pits as they are NSF certified for restaurant usage. Ole Hickory will use wood and propane as a fuel source, so it's going to be pretty close to a stickburner in terms of flavor. If I ever do decide to move away from my stickburner it's probably going to be an Ole Hickory rotisserie or the DW model.

Sounds like you've got a good thing going so good job and congratulations.

Back