Ghost pepper ideas?

bigreves

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey evryone
Just got some ghost peppers from a friend's garden, any ideas to put them to good use?? Thanks guys!!

Smoke them until dry and brittle, then grind them in a coffee grinder and use as a seasoning in your bbq rubs. really good!

The smoke will mellow them a bit and add a whole other layer of flavor..

Diced up finely and sprinkled on bbq nachos was pretty awesome the one time I did it. Gave some nice heat and flavor.

i make pepper butter
Made a batch with all habeneros and ghosts last week............very hot and tasty.....
recipie:
1 peck of peppers(I had about 3/4 of a five gallon bucket)
3lbs of brown sugar
1 quart of yellow mustard
1 quart of apple cider vinegar
Thickening mixture is 1.5 cups of all purpose flour and 2.5 cups water (I combine the two in a quart or half gallon jar and mix till smooth)

core and seed peppers. I usually leave some seeds and core for more heat
grind the peppers (I run them through a champion juicer) you could use a blender
add peppers, sugar, mustard and vinegar to a large pot
bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes
slowly add thickening mixture while stirring......bring back a a decent boil for 3 minutes
I can these in jelly jars and half pint jars.........great for cheese plates with crackers or to add heat to just about any thing you want..............good luck

I recently made a batch of hot pickled peppers and onions using a lot of habaneros, serranos and a few ghost chiles I got from a friend.

Not sure how many you have but it's easy to do and they go awesome on burgers, brats, nachos, whatever.

Thanks to evryone I'll let you know what I used them for, I like the smoking then grinding them idea, also maybe make a sauce!! ABTs with a ghost pepper must be insane!!!

Find you a good custom chili recipe. Dehydrated Ghost Pepper, once you find the right amount would be fantastic. Also a ghost pepper salt for deviled eggs etc. also a custom salsa with grilled pineapples watermelon kiwi strawberry ghost pepper and used as a dipping sauce for garlic butter sourdough bread.

Ive got some habenaro and ghost peppers that i dehydrated and plan on using for chili powder. I dont do hot that well anymore so for me its more of a novelty

I have a ton of ghost pepper and similar hot peppers in the freezer from the garden both this year and last year. From the freezer they mainly go into the dehydrator and get ground up to powder. From there I put that $hit on everything.

Back