• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Price quote

gamblerpro1

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I need a price for 250 people. I am doing chicken and pulled pork macaroni and cheese and coleslaw.

I'd be sitting at a cost of $400 for my raw pork & chicken.

At the end of the day I would probably be around the $8.99 per person mark...maybe higher, but certainly no more than $9.99

Always quote prices, when you can, on a per person level. You are typically more well received when you say $8.99 per person than when you say "It's gonna come to right at $2,400 with tax." Give the smallest number possible even though it's the same at the end of the day. They are going to ask for the total number, but you already let them know what it is per person...and the number above is not out of line for my area.

Wow...what are you paying for pork and chicken per # and per bird?

I am accounting for my cost in pork, chicken, rub, 2 sides and buns and sauce. I'm buying by the LB for all meats.

I'd be sitting at a cost of $400 for my raw pork & chicken.

At the end of the day I would probably be around the $8.99 per person mark...maybe higher, but certainly no more than $9.99

We are at $11.50pp for pork, chicken, buns, sauce and 3 sides for a drop-off. We get $9pp if you drop the chicken from the menu.

What are you doing for Chickens? Chicken quarters? How much chicken does each person get?

Thighs and drumsticks, I buy quarters and cut them myself. We supply one piece per person. So each person gets a pork sandwich and a piece of chicken. What we see is that many people won't each any chicken and others will eat two pieces but there is always leftover chicken when everyone is done eating.

Thighs and drumsticks, I buy quarters and cut them myself. We supply one piece per person. So each person gets a pork sandwich and a piece of chicken. What we see is that many people won't each any chicken and others will eat two pieces but there is always leftover chicken when everyone is done eating.

I agree with this. I also cut them by myself too. It's practical and so you can lessen the left overs.

Back