MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Buffet Line for 200

Just wondering how others do it, we usually just do a double sided buffet line but I am wondering if we should be setting up two double sided buffet tables to run guests through faster. How do you set them up?
HBMTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
BBQ Bandit
Babbling Farker

Just did a wedding reception with one double line (150 guests)
As long you have a method to retain hot food... no problem.

Former smokers;
Lang 84 Deluxe kitchen, Lang 60 Mobile - The Damsel II, Lang 48 Patio - The Damsel, Bubba Keg Grill - RIP, Double Barrel Smoker and a BSKD
BBQ Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #3
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

200 should go fine thru a double sided table as long as your keeping it restocked.

That 2nd table requires quite a bit of extra cost.
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #4
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
200 should go fine thru a double sided table as long as your keeping it restocked.

That 2nd table requires quite a bit of extra cost.
^+1 I agree

Call them up by tables to keep control of line length on the first servings. This also allow you to have a pause for restocking without long lines in waiting.
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #5
scaramoche
On the road to being a farker

+2 on double line buffet with means to restock and table call. And that there is some cost to second table set up. I do offer something to ponder. I cook for Brandywine convention center and run 500+ parties. Have found it easier, for us, to run single line set ups. We can restock with out shuffling between people to pull a pan out of a chafer that drips hot water and loading in a full hot pan. Single long line its maintained opposite of the line of people out of thier way. Its a given that we have room and equipment for this though.
scaramoche is offline   Reply With Quote