Keri's Beans does it again!

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I was "Volunteered" to cook for our scout pack Blue and Gold Banquet. It was last night so waiting for pics! Too busy to take but they are coming.... I feel like mission impossible episode.... The task 300 Hotdawgs in 1.5 hours and make a topping.....:shock: I knew this was coming.... Brought out the Brethren/Sistren guns...:twisted: The 300 dawgs easy peasy.... Did Keri's Beans two days ago for 30... Let them gel in fridge! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap Warmed back in oven and well they lasted 15 min.................. So the pack voted Keri's beans number one topping last night. I know it was unfair but there were very happy people last night.

Great idea to take Keri's beans. Those really are great tasting. What did you use for the meat in them?

Sounds like a great night. I always enjoyed doing those when my son was in Cub/Boy scouts. Good Idea with the Keri's beans. I'll check back for the pics.

No Guinness at a Blue and Gold Banquet they are Cub/Boy Scouts. I think you meant "genius". I agree then.

Oh man, never thought about Keris beans on a hot dog. GUINNESS!!!!

Well everyone here is Keri's recipe. She has been so kind as to share it with everyone. These are extremly tasty beans. When making these make sure you make plenty as everyone who tries them will have at least two if not three helpings.

Thanks Keri for sharing this recipe.

3 or 4 slices bacon, diced
2 (16 oz) cans pork and beans, mostly drained (modified to 2 28-oz cans Bush's Baked Beans - see note below)
1/2 c. Blues Hog BBQ Sauce (or other sweet-spicy favorite)
1 lb. smoked leftover smoked pork or beef, more or less, or 1 lb crumbled cooked pork sausage
1 can apple pie filling (chop up the big chunks some)
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. Mustard (prepared)
1 tsp chipotle or cayenne powder (optional, to taste*)
1 tsp Blues Hog barbecue rub (or your favorite de jour)

Brown bacon, and saute onion and green pepper in bacon grease. Mix in remaining ingredients. Bake at 325º for 1 hour, or simmer on stovetop in large pot for 30 minutes if you don't have time to do them in the oven. Serves 12.

This recipe began life as APPLE PIE BAKED BEANS from somewhere on the web, but I think I've made enough changes to it now to claim it as my own. This is my standard for baked beans anymore.

*This is a rather spicy recipe due to the chipotle/cayenne powder. Feel free to leave it out if you'll be feeding those who prefer a less spicy taste.

Keri C, smokin' on Tulsa Time

Keri's beans on grilled dogs. How could anyone ask for more.:eusa_clap
Awesome idea.

I made Kerri's beans last night for a get together at the request of one of my guests. They are the only beans I make now.

What are Keri's Beans?

Keri's beans are many things...

1. A little slice of heaven on earth.
2. A sure fire way to make sure you get invited to every picnic or outing that is ever put on by anyone you know.
3. One of the best things you can do to leftover brisket or pork butt.
4. After having eaten two or three plates of them, they are also a sure fire way to be sure you will sleep alone that night:rolleyes:

My favorite way to do them is using the "peach" variation. Try them, soon!

Back