MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #151
Triple T BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdude View Post
Triple what kind of thermometer is that? Looks nice!:thumbup:
Golden - Lion. Woodpelletsmoker on here makes them. He is in china. Nice unit. Takes a little getting used to but works pretty well and the price is right. Tell him I sent you.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:25 AM   #152
cholloway
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Colin

Looking forward to the completed build.
Excellent work!
Char-Broil 450 (Purchased new in 1981)
1996 Blue Weber SS Performer
Weber charcoal Go-Anywhere
2 Weber SJSs & modified stock pot Mini-WSM
Weber rotisserie, Rib-O-Lator & Smokenator system
Blackstone Tailgater Combo & STOK Island gasser
cholloway is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #153
Golden Toad BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Great build! Looking forward to the final product...

Toad
[URL="http://www.XtinctionSauces.com"]www.XtinctionSauces.com[/URL]
Golden Toad BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #154
surferdude
Got Wood.

Thanks man.. I just sent him a message
surferdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2012, 08:54 PM   #155
Triple T BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Just got back into town after have been gone for a week. Having mixed feelings about how the paint work came out for my painter right now. The fenders did not get the body work they needed so those will need to be reworked. More pressing is that the high temp ceramic paint we purchased came out semi flat instead of deep gloss black. Need to call the supplier in the morning to see whats what. I know my paint and body guy can make it right, but we need to get to the bottom of why the paint on the tank came out the way it did. The rest of the trailer is dead on gloss black. A couple quick photos of the progress before the sun went down tonight.

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #156
ThatsWhatSheSaidBBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

This thing is beautiful! It looks like it just came off the lot! I love the fenders and the stencil cut. The aluminum tread plate makes that whole rig pop. Very well done! I know you're not quite done yet but if mine looks half this good, I'll be happy.
* XL [COLOR=seagreen]BGE[/COLOR] *Charbroil offset (cheapo) and a *[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125966"]project in the making 6' long x 28" diameter offset[/URL] [COLOR=red]<<<[/COLOR]Take a look!
ThatsWhatSheSaidBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #157
Triple T BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsWhatSheSaidBBQ View Post
This thing is beautiful! It looks like it just came off the lot! I love the fenders and the stencil cut. The aluminum tread plate makes that whole rig pop. Very well done! I know you're not quite done yet but if mine looks half this good, I'll be happy.
Thanks. We have spent a chunk of change on making it right and making it pretty too. Wait till you see the backlighting on the stencil cut. Its gonna really pop. Yours is really coming along. Come on up and do a comp and we can park next to one another. ;>

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #158
Triple T BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Team Logos are almost done.
All copyrights and tag lines reserved folks.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #159
tish
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Bangin' logo. Very nice.
Bubba Keg, Weber Genesis E-310 NG
Mini WSM, Shhh!!! Michael's surprise
Cornflower Blue Thermapen Might not be the fastest, but it sure is the prettiest!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud recipient of a certifiably uncertified limited edition MOINK ball certificate!!
tish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #160
Triple T BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tish View Post
Bangin' logo. Very nice.
Thanks. T-Shirts and Banners got ordered this week. Let me know how many shirts ya need and what size. Will carry everything up to XXXL.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #161
speers90
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple T BBQ View Post
Thanks. T-Shirts and Banners got ordered this week. Let me know how many shirts ya need and what size. Will carry everything up to XXXL.
How much are they? I am in for an XXL!

The Beast: 500 Gallon Homemade Reverse Flow
[url]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187401[/url]
Weber 22"
Cajun Fryer FF2
speers90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #162
ThatsWhatSheSaidBBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Diggin' the logo. Has a rustic feel to it.
* XL [COLOR=seagreen]BGE[/COLOR] *Charbroil offset (cheapo) and a *[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125966"]project in the making 6' long x 28" diameter offset[/URL] [COLOR=red]<<<[/COLOR]Take a look!
ThatsWhatSheSaidBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2012, 09:34 AM   #163
Randbo
is one Smokin' Farker

Nice Logo!!!!!

Old 03-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #164
SmokinJon
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple T BBQ View Post
We finished up the inner sleeve so now we can control how long the smoke stays in the upper part of the fire box. Its completely adjustable all the way down to cooking grates. The chrome stack will have a damper up high to help us control draw where needed. Pics coming for that a little later. Need to get this sucker off the to sandblaster.

Triple T, I cannot say quite how much I have enjoyed reading your post with your attention to detail and all the posts and pics. It really makes it especially interesting for mere mortals like myself who may know how to weld but at nowhere near your level !

I cannot wait to see the it in daylight! I also look forward to seeing it perform.

Just out of interest how low does the smoke stack typically go in a reverse offset smoker? I am currently looking at a Lang and I did not realize the smoke stack went that low, anyone?

I really like your adjustable design!

Old 03-31-2012, 05:02 PM   #165
Triple T BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJon View Post
Triple T, I cannot say quite how much I have enjoyed reading your post with your attention to detail and all the posts and pics. It really makes it especially interesting for mere mortals like myself who may know how to weld but at nowhere near your level !

I cannot wait to see the it in daylight! I also look forward to seeing it perform.

Just out of interest how low does the smoke stack typically go in a reverse offset smoker? I am currently looking at a Lang and I did not realize the smoke stack went that low, anyone?

I really like your adjustable design!
Whoa there. First off thank you very much for the compliments. Please do keep in mind that there have been and are a number of very talented folks and friends also involved in all this. While a lot of the welding is mine, other major stuff was also handled by my
friend Jim, who is still to this day very camera shy. My friend Ray owns the plasma table and does a bunch of seriously cool stuff on his own too.

The overall design is months of researching other builds and a couple experiments I have conducted on my other smokers all being combined with the available stuff I could get my hands on for a reasonable price too.

As for the chimney/stack I wanted the nice Looking chrome stack we have all come to lust over from the jambo pits on tv. At the same time I wanted to experiment with a larger and more adjustable stack on this build. It may get changed again but I am pretty sure it will work like the smaller version I did before. Stale smoke and being able to raise it high enough off the rack is my only concern. Again, easily fixed with the plasma cutter too. I purposely left the design of the inner adjustable sleeve long. Just in case.

It's been a fun build and I am looking forward to lighting it off and seeing if the draw is as controlable as i want and the firebox is large enough that I don't end up staying up all night tossing splits into it. If not, then the plasma cutter will come back out and an upgraded firebox will go on it. We still have plenty of room on the back of the trailer yet. Also need to start the warmer box. It that's a phase II project.

Thanks again for the kinds words but I have to say I have been equally impressed with a number of the other builds on here and the net already. Hopefully this baby will cook for us. Thanks again and glad you and others are enjoying the build! It's fun to do.

Last edited by Triple T BBQ; 03-31-2012 at 07:35 PM..
Triple T BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jambo clone, offset smoker, reverse flow horizontal, trailer