• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Made some pastrami

TheBear

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
put in on to smoke at 275

IMG_4284.jpg

IMG_4300.jpg

made a quick sandwich shortly after taking it off

IMG_4292.jpg

a couple of days later I used this monster to slice it up
80c475c9.jpg

8087680d.jpg

thanks for looking

Looks great :thumb: I definitely need to make some more.

DAMN that stuff looks good!!! i havent made pastrami yet but its on my bbq bucketlist.

sheesh that slicer! does it even have room there to move back and forth!?? :shocked:

Nice looking Pastrami. Did you steam it? How long did you cook it? I love my Pastrami......

Being fairly new to allof this,I'd never thought about making pastrami;I love pastrami and corned beef,and country ham also-inspiring photograph!
I've never seen anything in the deli that looked nearly so good,thanks!T:thumb:

Thanks all. @boogiesnap: What I did was buy one that was already brined. Soaked it on water in the fridge for a coue of days, changing the water twice a day. When I was ready to cook I took it out trimmed the fat from on top. It was a full packer brisket. Dried it with paper towel. Slathered mustard and some rub.montreal steak spice and some herbs. Tossed it on with some cherry wood and let it go until it reached 175. Took it off made a small sandwich and then put it in the fridge for a couple of days. I wrapped it enough to discourage me from making another sandwich before I sliced it.ha ha

A couple of days later I called my bro to help me move the slicer.it really needs two people to carry it.

@smokinaussi: where do I send it? Haha
@martyleach: after I sliced it we had sandwiches and that was steamed
@dallasdan: spicy or regular :)

Thanks for the kind words bigtony. I find it just tastes better when we make it at
Home. Well worth the little effort.

Will you share your marinade and proceedure for spicing the meat prior to the cook. I make corned beef and marinade for about 10 days in the frig.

I can tell you about cooking pork but this pastrami is all new to me. I do want to learn about doing it so any advise you can give this newbie would be appreciated.

Back