Platter-O-Meat

Neil

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Had a few dinner guests last night for some brisket and ribs, added a home rolled fatty to the mix since they had never enjoyed the experience. The brisket came off the Bandera at 1:00 and went into cooler where it remained for the next six hours and was still 147* when I took it out to slice. The ribs produced an excellent self basting pig honey glaze. There is no sauce in these pics.

Last edited:
Ribs and Biscotti, now your talking heaven:-D.

Your dish look great. How did you cook the Brisket, Low and Slow or Hot and Fast?

Ribs and Biscotti, now your talking heaven.

Your dish look great. How did you cook the Brisket, Low and Slow or Hot and Fast?

Hot and Fast. It was a choice 14 #'er before trimming and I maintained 270-300 on the Bandera for six hours. When the probe slid into the hot "butter" it was 196*.

Neil that looks great... wish I had a plate full right now! I like the looks of your self basting glaze too... :thumb::-D

That's some good lookin' meat. What do I have to do do to get an invite to one of those dinners? :-D

That's some good lookin' meat. What do I have to do do to get an invite to one of those dinners? :-D

Call ahead next time your travelling through southwest Michigan. If I'm cooking, you're invited. :biggrin:

Back