Drumroll Please. The MOAB.

I'm impressed :lol:
I'm jealous :lol:
Now, I'm depressed :cry:

Post the rest of the specs on this MOAB and everyone else well be as impressed as I am. Farkin' 5/16" steel in the smoke box :lol:

PooBah--Great job by you and Dave Klose!

TIM

OMG I just got wood. Thats exactly what I am hoping for when we finally finish the outdoor kitchen. I was going to get Klose to make me a larger version of the Bandera.
Was that a custom job? Can you shoot me a PM with the price and shipping costs?

They musta got the address wrong. That was supposed to come to MY house!

Specs please!

Is custom built by Klose. I worked with Dave. We designed it and speced it out last year using a bandera he has onsite as a model. I got a phone call out of the blue a few weeks ago that it has been built. I just got it and haven't had a chance to go look at it real good but it looks sweet. The original specs were 26x26x52 chamber and 26x20x20 firebox. Dave told me he tweaked the specs a little and at first glance it looks a little bigger than planned. He said he gave me alot of grill room. Looks like he lengthened the firebox a bit. Also it was suppose to be 1/2 steel in the firebox, but i dont see 2 size plates. The shelves all slide out and there is ALOT of room in there. The water pan covers the entire bottom of the chamber and there are 2 seperate firegrates where it can be used as an offset or direct cooker(ala wsm) by closing off the chambers. Also close off the chamber and you can grill on one side while smoking on the other.

Came with some damage in shipping. The handles were bent and the smoke chamber damper was destroyed and bent 90 degrees upwards. i'll take this up with the freight company. The repairs are easy, but it still sucks.

Gonna season it today..ASAP.... hopefully maiden voyage is this weekend.

BTW... As is custo-mary..

We are all involved in the naming cermony.. first entry.. MOAB. :)

We are all involved in the naming cermony.. first entry.. MOAB.

There is so much history with this group and the MOAB you should post a picture beside it to explain. :roll: TK is going to $hit.

brdbbq said:
We are all involved in the naming cermony.. first entry.. MOAB.

There is so much history with this group and the MOAB you should post a picture beside it to explain. :roll: TK is going to $hit.

Different MOAB.. ? :?

Very nice! I'm sure we'll enjoy it at Bash V! :D

Very nice Phil.

Bent Handels I can see, scratches well ok don't like it but it was shipped from TX. But how in the F*uck did they bent the MF damper? That was just mean. That was done when it was crossed docked and two asses had time on their hands.

Make the trucking company pay to have Dave fly up to fix it proper should be around $7000 :roll:

BBQchef33 said:
BTW... As is custo-mary..

We are all involved in the naming cermony.. first entry.. MOAB. :)

I know what I'd like to call it.

Mine.

:)

How about ..... just for you KC .....

Mary's
Own
Assbackward
Bbq pit

Oh. Never mind. MOAB is already taken.

Phil's
Own
Original