Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Firin Up the Fox, St. Charles, Illinois - June 8-10, 2012

FirinUpTheFox

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Pride of the Fox, Inc. announces a KCBS and Amateur BBQ contest as part of our 30th anniversary Riverfest in St. Charles, Illinois.

KCBS Contest will run June 8-9 (with early arrival available on Thursday June 7th after 6:30pm)
Categories will include the main 4, plus side dish and People's Choice Pork.

Amateur Contest will run on June 10
Categories will include Chicken and Ribs

More information, including KCBS, Amateur and Judge Forms will be available later this week at: http://www.prideofthefox.com/riverfest/family-activities/

For more information contact bbq@prideofthefox.com

Attachments

• firinupthefox2-small.jpg
    firinupthefox2-small.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 232
wish I knew about this one earlier..June is booked :(

contest Location

the contest will be held in downtown St. Charles as part of Riverfest.

Location will be along S. 1st Street, north of Illinois Street.

This is a State Championship

Smokin' Tasty should be there. Its right around the corner for me.

Do we know entry fees and all that details yet? How many teams before cut-off? I'm a newbie and would like to get in my first KCBS event, so I may have questions.

A little more than 10 for us, but still close! Hope we can swing it! Be sure and update when apps and info are available.

Last edited:
I would like to judge this one since it's close. Please post when the judge's app is available.

Thanks

I'm going to be checking for that judges app every hour! I'm on the stinking waiting list for the other two local contests, so I'm determined to be on the ball for this one. What a great way to start my summer vacation!

Good morning everyone. I received an email from Kevin, the organizer contact about some preliminary information. Nothing in finalized and this is just a draft, but here is some of the info. Payout looks like it is undetermined until they know how many people are involved.

View attachment 62150

I don't know any details about the amatuer competition, but he should have those shortly.

Last edited:
Judge Form Attached

Sorry for the delay on the others - we are trying to finalize the last few details.

Looking for up to ~40 teams

Attachments

• 2012 Judge Form.pdf
    129.8 KB · Views: 19
Unfortunately I can't attend this one. I have another event planned the same day. I hope all goes well

Firin' Up the Fox Entry Forms are Approved and ready!

thank you for your patience!

The forms are attached here and should be published on our web site shortly.

If you have any questions - please contact me at bbq@prideofthefox.com

Kevin

Attachments

• 2012 KCBS Contest Entry Form.pdf
    146.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 2012 Amateur Contest Entry Form.pdf
    140.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 2012 Judge Form.pdf
    129.8 KB · Views: 6
Back