MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:13 PM   #61
Shagdog
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I bought those wheels from etrailer. Love those rims!

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2]Shirley Fabrication 24x70 Trailer - UDS - Weber Kettle - WGA - Fire Pit Rotisserie - Shirley-Shagstone Griddle/Wok Cart - Carson Rodizio

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Black]2016 Official BBQ Brethren Ribeye Master[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Shagdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2017, 09:17 PM   #62
IrishStout
Knows what a fatty is.

Nice rig! I just spoke with Paul this evening about my build and told him I wanted your stainless shelf with backsplash. Excellent idea!
IrishStout is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-07-2017, 10:33 PM   #63
Shagdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishStout View Post
Nice rig! I just spoke with Paul this evening about my build and told him I wanted your stainless shelf with backsplash. Excellent idea!
You won't be disappointed! My dad (and a few other people) saw it and the main question I was asked was, "Why isn't this how they all are? This shelf is great!"

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2]Shirley Fabrication 24x70 Trailer - UDS - Weber Kettle - WGA - Fire Pit Rotisserie - Shirley-Shagstone Griddle/Wok Cart - Carson Rodizio

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Black]2016 Official BBQ Brethren Ribeye Master[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 07-08-2017, 12:01 PM   #64
Czarbecue
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Viet King Cong

How much does the trailer weigh?
Czarbecue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2017, 08:27 PM   #65
Shagdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarbecue View Post
How much does the trailer weigh?
1500-1700 tops?

I can't imagine it weighs more than that. I pull it out of the garage and put it away by myself

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 07-09-2017, 08:37 PM   #66
smoke ninja
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagdog View Post
Sorry this is late in coming... With the pig roast and party (which can be seen here - http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=248511) THis is the first chance I had to really give some details on the pit.

Its a 24x70 Straight back. Standard height, but with extra shelf slots for different configs. Also have an extended warmer with 5 slots for shelves. Sausage hangers, sear station, and the stainless shelf has a backsplash which is probably the coolest thing about the smoker. It works great. Everything that drips off the racks hits the shelf, not the black paint. Love it!

Didn't buy 3 fancy rims so I put a cover over my ugly spare...

New Firebasket design. I like it. No issues with it at all.

Warmer with all the goodies in there. Get the charcoal grate if you plan on grilling in the warmer. Its worth it

Nice feature of the extra rack/rack positions - I can cook a hog AND Ribs and sausage

I seasoned her on Friday. 4-5 hours of slowly raising the temps to 250-275. Then I cooked a fatty. After the fatty was done I threw 4 splits in and took it up to 400 and then let it die out on its own. Got all the grates good and carbonized. Next morning was the pig. Had her up to 300 in about 45 minutes and she sat there all day. Didn't seem like she needed much wood at all. Very pleasantly surprised with her fuel consumption.

And the pig was off the hook!

That is a nice cooker.

I see Bruno and photo bombed your hog pic

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-03-2017, 11:26 PM   #67
BRTLATJGT
Knows what a fatty is.

Beautiful Smoker...Congrats
What size rims 14 or 15?
What brand of tire did you go with?
Picking mine up in October and am seriously considering back splash after seeing yours.
BRTLATJGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2017, 07:50 AM   #68
Shagdog

Thanks! The backsplash is great. I can't tell you how nice clean up is now. Just works great.

The tires are 14s and Westlakes.. Here is the link -

https://www.etrailer.com/Tires-and-W...LHAWSO371.html

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 08-04-2017, 09:58 AM   #69
WHS88
Full Fledged Farker

Love it! Keep dialing the first 9 numbers of Paul's number lol! I've got to bite the bullet and make that call!! I'm not ready for it yet, but know I will be before my build would start.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:53 AM   #70
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHS88 View Post
Love it! Keep dialing the first 9 numbers of Paul's number lol! I've got to bite the bullet and make that call!! I'm not ready for it yet, but know I will be before my build would start.
they only requires a very small deposit and he would probably push your build date back for you if you needed. i would rather get in line now than wait over a year once you are ready.
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2017, 11:11 AM   #71
ncmoose
is one Smokin' Farker

yup, my only regret is not getting the ball rolling earlier. Deposit in January when wait was about a year and it gets tougher as time goes by.
ncmoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2017, 11:16 AM   #72
Sevengoals
Full Fledged Farker

Wow!
Amazing!
Sevengoals is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2017, 11:31 AM   #73
Qkooker
Knows what a fatty is.

That's one fine pit. As for as craftsmanship, I don't think I've seen any better. As someone who once made a living as a fabricator / welder, you will not find any better craftsmanship. I don't have time to build one now days but I think I'm getting in line.
Qkooker is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-04-2017, 02:41 PM   #74
Jersey BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Great smoker - Wow. There is a Shirley in my future.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:42 AM   #75
bonz50
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Tony

since this thread isn't as old as the other I didn't want to reply there, figured here would be a better location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagdog View Post
ha ha ha. Looks like I don't even have to respond. Definitely get your deposit in ASAP. The wait is like 20 months or something crazy like that. Doesn't matter what kind you want, they don't really need to know that until they start building. It will all change between now and then.

My second one shows you all the things I would change from the first one. My biggest mistake was not getting the Stainless shelf. The expanded steel shelf really sucks. My second mistake was that 50 was too short for me. I roast a hog in the summers and it won't fit on a 50. A 60" or bigger works good though. Since I was going bigger I got it on a trailer for when we do charity cooks and whatnot.

If you want to see the trailer, feel free to shoot me a PM. The 24x50 is out in wonderlake with a friend of mine if you want to see it too.. And ChicagoKP lives around the corner from me and he has a 24x60 trailer that is very similar to my 24x70 if you wanted to see it.
Thanks for your gracious offer Shagdog!!! I'd definitely be interested in swinging by to check it out. Any chance you'll be around next week? I'll be burning up some leftover vacation time and took the whole week off, looks like an awesome rig!! I'll touch base with you via private message for details

Thanks!!!

[B]WSM 18.5", Weber Genesis Gold B, Blackstone 36" griddle, OK Joe Longhorn
[/B]
bonz50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
24x70, reverse flow, Shirley fabrication, whole hog