Lazy day off breakfast. Beef rib dinner to follow. (pics)

Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have the day off today, and we are having some friends over for dinner. But with the extra time today I thought I would enjoy cooking breakfast outside before it heated up.

Made some buttermilk biscuits in the DO. Fried up some bacon in the skillet and then some eggs in the bacon grease and had some breakfast sammies.

This is one of my favorite easy days breakfasts. It never looks spectacular like Jeanie's (Cowgirl) camp cooks do, but it sure does taste good! I know I have posted similar cooks before but what the heck!

mufrib1.jpg
Folks talk about using biscuit cutters all the time. I like using a 1 pint mason jar.

mufrib2.jpg

mufrib3.jpg

mufrib4.jpg
Used a little hardwood lump for heating the DO.

mufrib5.jpg

mufrib8.jpg

mufrib6.jpg
Enjoyed with some Sumatra and O.J. (with bubbles)

mufrib7.jpg
I had to have two!

Later on today I will start on dinner.
Beef shorts, corn on the cob, taters, deviled eggs, maybe a salad and some pineapple upside down cake. I will post more pics as that part of the day gets going.

Josh that looks 10 times better than anything I could come up with. Absolutely delicious!! Love your view too. :cool:
Looking forward to your beef ribs!!

I call BS

Josh that looks 10 times better than anything I could come up with. Absolutely delicious!! Love your view too. :cool:
Looking forward to your beef ribs!!

You are too kind Jeanie. But we all now know you are full of BS! Nobody wants to eat wants to eat the computer screen when I post. Keep up all your great posts to inspire us all.

ribs, corn taters and salad

The ribs were a near disaster but they survived. More explanation after the company has left.

Served with skillet potatoes topped with queso fresco. BBQ Ranch chopped salad, grilled corn on the cob.

mufrib13.jpg

mufrib14.jpg

mufrib15.jpg

mufrib16.jpg

I will post the dessert later.

Eggs are ready!

View attachment 129618

I like spicy stuff. So instead the usual paprika in deviled eggs I like to use smoked cayenne.

We have been using cayenne on deviled eggs for years. Love it. We also put a little horseradish in the mix. Yes we like some spicy too.

The ribs were a near disaster but they survived. More explanation after the company has left.

Served with skillet potatoes topped with queso fresco. BBQ Ranch chopped salad, grilled corn on the cob.

View attachment 129622

View attachment 129623

View attachment 129624

View attachment 129625

I will post the dessert later.
Delicious looking plate. Oh yeah!

Back