Chargriller Outlaw got some new Wheels

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
My Chargriller Outlaw is about 8 years old. After sitting on the patio for all those years, the front legs started to rust. Finally, the grill wouldn't sit level. So, rather than throw it out, I decided to put some wheels on it.

I cut the front legs off just above the rusted out areas. I measured the distance from the bottom of the rear wheel axle to the top of the bottom half of the "barrel" where food sits when cooking. The distance was 31.5".

I went to the hardware store and bought two cheap metal "straps" that already had holes drilled in them, a rod to use as the axle, some bolts, washers, and nuts, and two metal spacers that worked perfectly as bushings for the wheels. I picked up two cheap 8" wheels at Harbor Freight.

I used a couple of clamps to hold the left bracket (strap) on and positioned it so that the bottom of the new axle was 31.5" from the "barrel" top edge. I clamped it in place and drilled holes for the bolts. I used a stepper bit to size the holes to fit the 1/4" bolts. I bolted the bracket in place. I then put the axle in it and clamped the other bracket in place and put the axle through it. I put on the wheels and checked it for level front to back and side to side. After a small adjustment, the grill was sitting level. So, I drilled the holes for the right side bracket and bolted it in place.

I cut the new axle to the correct length using a hack saw, drilled a small hole through each end, put the axle in place, added the bushings and the wheels and then added a washer on each end and a cotter pin to hold each wheel on.

I figure I just added another 8 years of use to the grill and it only cost me about $18.00.

Wheels_zpsf1faa207.jpg

Back