Carne Crosta

Big fan of Carne Crosta...for that matter I’ve yet to try any Oakridge product that wasn’t great!

Red

I´m out of Santa Maria, have to order more.
But this has me wondering, how about 50/50 mix of CC and SPOGOS? Anybody tried this yet?

I love Carne Crosta on steaks and have used the 50/50 with Santa Maria which is awesome as well. Curious on what the fellow brethren do if you're using the reverse sear method. Do you apply CC before you start the cook or just before you do the finishing sear?

Correct. That was a mix of our Carne Crosta and Santa Maria rubs. The chef was Kari Like and her husband Bryan. It was also rumored that the overall winner the following cycle also cooked a similar program on steak and won again...

Curious if you know if the two rubs were just mixed together o layered on? IE: Santa Maria and then CC on top of that etc. Nuanced question, but that's what competition cooking is...

Curious on what the fellow brethren do if you're using the reverse sear method. Do you apply CC before you start the cook or just before you do the finishing sear?

I honestly apply everything right off the bat. I generally keep the 50/50 blend on-hand in a shaker.

Made my first order from Oakridge.

Black OPS
Habanero Death Dust
SPOGOS
Carne Crosta
Smoky Chile Lime

Looking forward to trying all of these. Thanks for the coupon!

This stuff is pricey by the time it gets North of the border.

I just ordered a small bag of Habanero Death Dust and Carne Crosta from Montreal. $42Cdn. shipped to my door.

I'll need to stock up next time I'm in the land of the free.

I just ordered a small bag of Habanero Death Dust and Carne Crosta from Montreal. $42Cdn. shipped to my door.

Ouch!

Yeah, I wish there was something I could do about the expensive shipping to Canada. It makes me cringe when I see you guys order... :shock::shock:

We do have a couple dealers in Canada. Maybe they could get it to you cheaper. Have you checked their prices against ours with asinine shipping included?

Back