Ribs with Mac & Cheese

Did the Mac & cheese soak up much smoky flavor?

Yes it does... you have to go light on the wood. I put one chunk of apple on the mini WSM and let it smolder for a while before putting the mac and cheese on. Cheese is a sponge for smoke so be careful with it...

looks awesome and don't worry about your Panthers they QB is going to be a great one. They might not be great this year but give them a year or 2 and they should be one of the top teams.

Phabulous JM!
I haven't seen those thermometers with their logo on the bottom...must be the newer versions?

Not sure on that one. I do know that I have two different thermometers though. I ordered the same item twice but the dial design is slightly different on the two that I have.

It all looks great to me JM! I made your mac and cheese recipe yesterday for the fam and everyone loved it. It was quick and easy as well. I will say it was just a bit smokey for me. I used hickory and left it on for about an hour. I just scored some apple wood from a local orchard so I'm interested to see how it would turn out using that. I think I might also only leave it on half the time. The cheese really did soak up a lot of the smoke flavor.

The best news is that I had some left for tonight's dinner as well!

It all looks great to me JM! I made your mac and cheese recipe yesterday for the fam and everyone loved it. It was quick and easy as well. I will say it was just a bit smokey for me. I used hickory and left it on for about an hour. I just scored some apple wood from a local orchard so I'm interested to see how it would turn out using that. I think I might also only leave it on half the time. The cheese really did soak up a lot of the smoke flavor.

The best news is that I had some left for tonight's dinner as well!

The single chunk of apple worked really well for me. Hickory is slowly working its way out of my grills with a few minor exceptions. I just happened to come into a good bit of apple wood a while back when my GFs father cut a tree out of his yard. I don't particularly time my cook on this dish. I just leave it on until the cheese on top starts to brown and the temp you cook at can affect it as well. If you can cook it on up at 300 degrees, don't hesitate to do that either. This dish is a favorite with the people I'm feeding :)

Back