kingsford competition

mbshop

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
i'm using the last bag just to get rid of it and realized that i havn't seen it in a long time. did it just go away ??

My local supermarket is fully stocked with it. Kingsford still has it listed on their homepage. Maybe your store stopped carrying it.

Ditto here. My store just restocked it.

I like it & use it.

i have not seen it at any of the stores i go to which are, costco, 2 kmarts, 2 wal marts, 2 lowes and 1 home depot. must be my area. i forgot how hot that chit gets. to much for me.

My local Home Depot has pallets of it... as well as Costco (Kansas City Metro Area)

in LA only the home depot carries the competition bags. i know the blue bag contents has been changed. my weber use to get 3 reheats on the coals. now its 1.5 reheats with half of those coals gone.

foolish consistency is the hobglobin of narrow minds....kingsford

It's all over here. Unfortunately. I got two 18 lb bags of regular Kingsford today, the only two they had. They had plenty of the competition though.

I did not have good results from the one bag of competition I used.

Flash in the pan! Not impressed with the comp K!

in LA only the home depot carries the competition bags. i know the blue bag contents has been changed. my weber use to get 3 reheats on the coals. now its 1.5 reheats with half of those coals gone.

foolish consistency is the hobglobin of narrow minds....kingsford

Agreed. The blue bag has gone down hill with the offering of the comp. K. It is my belief that the comp. K is what the blue bag used to be, and the blue bag is now a lower quality product (for the same price as they used to sell quality charcoal for)

I just picked up 2 bags of the Comp K at my local Home Depot today.

It is very different than the regular K... It has no off smell when igniting and actually smells like wood burning.

I like the Comp K, but the price is what keeps me from buying too much of it. Especially when I can get Royal Oak for $4.50 a bag everyday at Menards...

Back