MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-16-2019, 03:58 PM   #16
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by InThePitBBQ View Post
I knew some Shirley owner's would appreciate that! We can sit back and wait for the pics of all the variety on Stump's pit's now

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2019, 03:59 PM   #17
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Or get both

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->
Old 06-16-2019, 04:26 PM   #18
InThePitBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Bob

"Get Both" ~This is winning at life ~love it!

Old 06-16-2019, 05:02 PM   #19
Twisted T's Q
is one Smokin' Farker

yep both
Twisted T's Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2019, 05:59 PM   #20
InThePitBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I forgot a closeup of bacon cooked on a Shirley Fab, here's some more reverse flow Pron for the undecided.

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-16-2019, 06:05 PM   #21
WilliamKY
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : William

3 year wait for a SF? Oh man am I feeling nauseous all of the sudden. I hope the new shop they are building cuts that lead time down.
Weber 26
WGA
Old Smokey Electric.
Go Cards!
WilliamKY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2019, 06:15 PM   #22
InThePitBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamKY View Post
3 year wait for a SF? Oh man am I feeling nauseous all of the sudden. I hope the new shop they are building cuts that lead time down.
There's two SF trailer pits in the classifieds, and St. Louis BBQ store has two patio models back in stock one of those has a warmer ~strike while the iron is hot!

Old 06-16-2019, 06:20 PM   #23
WilliamKY
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
There's two SF trailer pits in the classifieds, and St. Louis BBQ store has two patio models back in stock one of those has a warmer ~strike while the iron is hot!
I've seen those at St.Louis BBQ Store. Unfortunately they aren't in stock.
Weber 26
WGA
Old Smokey Electric.
Go Cards!

Old 06-16-2019, 06:35 PM   #24
InThePitBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
I've seen those at St.Louis BBQ Store. Unfortunately they aren't in stock.
Your right! I noticed those two last week and when you click on the icon to see what's in stock you get your lunch money taken away.

~You'd look good towing a trailer pit to the family reunion!

Old 06-16-2019, 06:41 PM   #25
WilliamKY
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Your right! I noticed those two last week and when you click on the icon to see what's in stock you get your lunch money taken away.

~You'd look good towing a trailer pit to the family reunion!
Trailer model would be too big for me. I'm thinking the 24x42 patio model with a single door and 3/8 inch firebox.
Weber 26
WGA
Old Smokey Electric.
Go Cards!

Old 06-16-2019, 07:00 PM   #26
InThePitBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Trailer model would be too big for me. I'm thinking the 24x42 patio model with a single door and 3/8 inch firebox.
The 42's are sweet pit's, ton's of space on those I started out with Shirley 42 and loved it.

Some Shirley Fabrication 42" stuffed Poblano pepper Pron!

Old 06-16-2019, 10:57 PM   #27
bigsho26
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Travis

InThePitBBQ.. Man great post!! Reading made me make my decision. I forgot to mention I bought a refurbished Platinum 5 that I am waiting on the Stump boys to finish. The SF I am looking at is on a trailer and I will be making a move VERY SOON! I know that the product that comes off stick burners is AMAZING.
I will be making this happen!! Not much catering from the SF. Just for the ambiance, the purist feel & the difference in experience.

The Stumps Platinum works very, its ALOT of metal to worm up!! I like the insulated chamber because here in SoFlo we get very random weather. I figured the insulated cabinet would up over the metal and getting caught in a rainstorm.
bigsho26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2019, 09:17 AM   #28
InThePitBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsho26 View Post
InThePitBBQ.. Man great post!! Reading made me make my decision. I forgot to mention I bought a refurbished Platinum 5 that I am waiting on the Stump boys to finish. The SF I am looking at is on a trailer and I will be making a move VERY SOON! I know that the product that comes off stick burners is AMAZING.
I will be making this happen!! Not much catering from the SF. Just for the ambiance, the purist feel & the difference in experience.

The Stumps Platinum works very, its ALOT of metal to worm up!! I like the insulated chamber because here in SoFlo we get very random weather. I figured the insulated cabinet would up over the metal and getting caught in a rainstorm.
Congrats you'll really enjoy cooking on it for family and friends and you'll find uses for that trailer pit to travel with it every now and then.

Having it on a trailer frame with road tires makes it much easier to move around even if it's just at the house, part of the magic with a Shirley Fab is the amount of steel and weight that's in it, you'd be surprised at how fast the heat recover's after the doors have been opened with an insulated firebox.

You might want to grab a dolly with 16" tires and a 1K pound rating, makes moving it around on improved surfaces easy.

Also, those insulated firebox's do much better with very small splits most of us are using a product called the Kindling Cracker distributed by Northern Tool. There's an XL version that came out recently and it's more versatile than the smaller one but it makes getting normal sized splits down to the width of a soda can really fast and easy you can fill a wheelbarrow in 10 minutes.

You can use that cracker to bust down straight grain stuff for 1" kindling pieces to start the cooker with, handful of hot charcoal out of a starter chimney dumped into the fire basket and a bunch of that kindling starts the cooker off with clean hot transparent smoke and it comes right up to temp fast that way without rolling coal on the neighbors.

Have fun with it, start a thread when you get it home looking forward to seeing some cooks on it!

Old 06-18-2019, 08:00 PM   #29
NYC ‘Que
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : T.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalters View Post
Man, this post almost has me listing all of my cookers on CL for a Shirley!! ;)

I just sent them an email!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-18-2019, 08:10 PM   #30
BBQ Freak
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : BBQ Mojo

just be patient on him getting back real quick and has been on a well needed vacation to reload . he will be playing catch up for a bit with the amout of emails they get daily .

[Font="impact"]Luke's Firepits / Grill[/Font]

[Font="impact"]Lone Star Grillz Mini Insulated Cabinet Smoker[/Font]
BBQ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote