Heading to Evansville Indiana in a few weeks and sugguestions?

shakeandbake72

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm heading to Evansville IN in a few weeks to visit with my girlfriend's family. We will only be there for 3-4 days this time, but we will be heading back there again at Christmas.

Any body know of any good places to eat there? I only remember finding one BBQ joint there and their Q was not very good last Christmas.

No. We are coming in from Charlottesville Virginia. Just heading West on 64. Next spring we are going to plan the trip at the same time as the BBQ festival in Henderson KY.

It's a little out of the way from Evansville, but checkout Moonlite BBQ Inn in Owensboro, Kentucky if you have the time. A friend of mine lived in Evansville for a while and we made a couple of trips there. I was nervous at first since it was a buffet, but the food did not disappoint. I almost had to take a nap in the car after my first visit.

My girlfriend has kin in Owensboro I think I will have to make a stop by anyhow. Thanks for the recommendations. I am leaving Virginia this evening. If anyone else has any sugguestions please let me know. I will be in Evansville for 6 days.

Back