You're All Invited to The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash on April 9

d99830214af576e67c272a088d7fc139.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shelly and I wish to thank everyone for coming out to the 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash!
We had some who traveled from afar. QN and his wonderful Wife Susan along with Lighter-Fluid and his wonderful wife Debbie.
Thank you! Safe travels on your journey heading back home.
Frognot great to see you, my friend!
AG76, thank you, the ribs were delicious! Always great to see Richard and Austin.
SmittyJonz the meatloaf was good!
Paul thanks for making the drive up from Belton.
We hope to see everyone and more next year at the Fall Bash.
I hope to work as much as you did here when Shelly and I come down to the 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash at Belton Lake!!
:mrgreen:

That was Not my best meatloaf - so ya'll need to come to Belton in Fall n try it again. I don't measure so it always varies a little BUT the wood was my Biggest problem - Pecan that was split like 4 yrs ago - weak smoke flavor and burns to ash (not much coals) - I'll have fresher wood at fall Bash or mix in some Mesquite.........

P.S. - for you outter Staters - Belton is Closer to Fredericksburg........... Texas Hill Country with German Influences.......Texas Wine Country......

https://www.visitfredericksburgtx.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaFNJVI5_2c

https://theauslanderfredericksburg.com/

Last edited:
Most excellent bash with way too much food consumed. I'm in a meat coma and barely coherent so will post more later.

I dropped off some food for Chris (sliding_billy) and his family and had a good visit with him. And my good deed must have produced Brethren karma since I won the Ink Bird that Chris donated to the bash.

It seems I frequently have the open mouth pic taken (a tradition that started at the first Texas bash in 2013.)

Words do no justice for my feelings for this crew. Charles arrived at my house with leftovers at around 1800 and spent a couple of hours with my family and I chatting. My wife and I rummaged the food this morning and did so again at lunch. As expected, everything was excellent and will surely last us another couple of days. Much love sent to all of you from my crew. We are all looking forward to seeing you if not in Belton (that may just be me riding along with someone), definitely next Spring for the rest of the family. Miss and love you all.

there was several ppl missing : Toasty Hapgood, that dude from Wichita Falls , Drone Boy, Dave Alvarado, Bruce n Mrs Bruce, Creeper van Scott, what's his face from Houston, what's his face from Arlington , anybody from Oklahoma, BluDawg, Coach who smoked a whole turkey that one time , Miranda Lambert , some other folks, ............... somebody should invite Ms Tootsie........

like some in this Bash thread......... https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180007&page=26

Last edited:
Shelly and I wish to thank everyone for coming out to the 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash!
We had some who traveled from afar. QN and his wonderful Wife Susan along with Lighter-Fluid and his wonderful wife Debbie.
Thank you! Safe travels on your journey heading back home.
Frognot great to see you, my friend!
AG76, thank you, the ribs were delicious! Always great to see Richard and Austin.
SmittyJonz the meatloaf was good!
Paul thanks for making the drive up from Belton.
We hope to see everyone and more next year at the Fall Bash.
I hope to work as much as you did here when Shelly and I come down to the 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash at Belton Lake!!
:mrgreen:

It's always a pleasure to get together with our Texas Brethern at a Bash. I think this was our fourth one we have attended and hopefully will get ti go to many more. I'd like to say thanks for always asking us feel like we've known y'all all our lives. al the prep work , the cooking , the recipe ideas and especially for being Brethern. Also a special thanks to Marty who was there in Spirit delivering a special gift! It probably won't help but it's the thought that counts!

Hotch left out himself and Shelly and the super cooks they did. That brisket was awesome, the turkey breasts were killer, ribs were delicious, the pork loin was spot on, the smoky corn "casserole" was one of my favorites and the Dead Ass Last Desert certainly was superior.

To every one that cooked and shared with us everything was great. I ate so much I wished I could have taken my pants off like Hotch did!

Until the next time Brethern.

It's always a pleasure to get together with our Texas Brethern at a Bash. I think this was our fourth one we have attended and hopefully will get ti go to many more. I'd like to say thanks for always asking us feel like we've known y'all all our lives. al the prep work , the cooking , the recipe ideas and especially for being Brethern. Also a special thanks to Marty who was there in Spirit delivering a special gift! It probably won't help but it's the thought that counts!

Hotch left out himself and Shelly and the super cooks they did. That brisket was awesome, the turkey breasts were killer, ribs were delicious, the pork loin was spot on, the smoky corn "casserole" was one of my favorites and the Dead Ass Last Desert certainly was superior.

To every one that cooked and shared with us everything was great. I ate so much I wished I could have taken my pants off like Hotch did!

Until the next time Brethern.

Next time bring the kids n grankids. :thumb:

Great bash. Ate waaaay too much.
Hotch worked way too hard.
Think we had 4 kinds of sausage, ribs from Hotch and ag76, spam and meatloaf from smittyjonz, baked beans, brownies, pork belly burnt ends, pork tenderloin, turkey breast, and whatever else I forgot to list. No one left hungry.

Wait, isn´t there supposed to be brisket at a Texas bash??? :becky:

Wait, isn´t there supposed to be brisket at a Texas bash??? :becky:

Yoeri, Hotch cooked an incredible point that was consumed then we realized nobody took pictures except that open mouth picture of me inhaling some.

I also put a pound of chopped brisket in the Keri's Hog Apple baked beans.

Back