• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Ak-Sar-Ben's River City Roundup Barbeque Contest, Omaha, NE - Sept 26 & 27, 2008

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Andy and I will be at River City Roundup this weekend. Who else will be there?

Who's up for a Friday night pot luck? (No BBQ allowed.)

Buster Dog BBQ will be there. I heard this weekend they are up to 50 teams.

Would like to do the potluck but we are doing the people's choice ribs Friday and that went from like 6-9 last year.

Man, you guys never stop!!

Don't you have some shipping to do?? :twisted:

Good luck! :biggrin:

We will be there! Oh wait we are the organizers!:shock:

Buster Dog BBQ will be there. I heard this weekend they are up to 50 teams.

Would like to do the potluck but we are doing the people's choice ribs Friday and that went from like 6-9 last year.

Pork Loin this year! Bring your seasonings. Ribs fell through at the last minute:mad:
We have 47 as of today. (3 more came in just yesterday!)

What, no Hermann and the speedy, well organized awards?

Last year we had the awards at 3 P.M and people were pulling away by 3:30. I hate long awards. As a cook I am not there to hear the organizer or KCBS rep go on and on and on and on about nothing. That is what the cooks meeting is for :shock::rolleyes::roll:

Pork Loin this year! Bring your seasonings. Ribs fell through at the last minute:mad:

Last year we had the awards at 3 P.M and people were pulling away by 3:30. I hate long awards. As a cook I am not there to hear the organizer or KCBS rep go on and on and on and on about nothing. That is what the cooks meeting is for :shock::rolleyes::roll:

How is people's choice being done? Do we have to serve at our sites?

Zach and i planning on showing up Friday evening, to hang out and B.S. with our fellow Brethren. I'm down for potluck Todd just let me for sure if anyone else is doing it. I think Trucky1008 will come too!

Is there a packet going out or being emailed?

I will be there Friday afternoon. I am always in for a potluck!

Packets got mailed on Saturday, if you dont get them complain to......Tom...

PC will be at your site, it only lasted an hour last year as we ran out of ribs, we have more samples availabe this year but I think the start of the rodeo at 7 curtails our window of public but we wont shut it down until the crowd dies down or we run out of samples

Like Tom said, loin so bring your imaginations, the (small viewing) public will be watching the segment Tom and I shot this morning doing a blue cheese, spinich stuffed loin so we set the bar high for all you guys.

We are selling tickets for samples or a marked boat for all you can eat ...... I hope you guys have fun with it, its for charity remember...4h scholarships.

See you Friday

Packets got mailed on Saturday, if you dont get them complain to......Tom...

PC will be at your site, it only lasted an hour last year as we ran out of ribs, we have more samples availabe this year but I think the start of the rodeo at 7 curtails our window of public but we wont shut it down until the crowd dies down or we run out of samples

Like Tom said, loin so bring your imaginations, the (small viewing) public will be watching the segment Tom and I shot this morning doing a blue cheese, spinich stuffed loin so we set the bar high for all you guys.

We are selling tickets for samples or a marked boat for all you can eat ...... I hope you guys have fun with it, its for charity remember...4h scholarships.

See you Friday

If we aren't down for PC (which I'm sure we aren't)... put us down.

Blue Cheese and Spinach? You are so fancy!

Come by and see us. I hear we'll be between the dumpster, generator, and porta-potty.

If we aren't down for PC (which I'm sure we aren't)... put us down.

Blue Cheese and Spinach? You are so fancy!

Come by and see us. I hear we'll be between the dumpster, generator, and porta-potty.

Only the best for our closest and dearest friend.

But after being invited over for a cocktail, we might remove a dumpster or a porta-potty.:wink:

Only the best for our closest and dearest friend.

But after being invited over for a cocktail, we might remove a dumpster or a porta-potty.:wink:

We may have to break out Mother Goose for the Royal!

Sorry I won't be there to see you guys.

Kaylin has a girl scouts outing and she would KILL me if I didn't let her go. I have already told her no to couple that we aren't going to be around for.

Have fun!

Sorry I won't be there to see you guys.

Kaylin has a girl scouts outing and she would KILL me if I didn't let her go. I have already told her no to couple that we aren't going to be around for.

Have fun!

KIm, we will be down next weekend to judge, we will see you then, in the meantime rest assured I will make sure the boys behave!

Got my packet. WAY TO GO, TOM!!!!

I can't believe she doubts you.

EDIT: Was that the sound of a second Porta Potty moving in next to our space?

Got my packet. WAY TO GO, TOM!!!!

I can't believe she doubts you.

EDIT: Was that the sound of a second Porta Potty moving in next to our space?

Funny, Im working on the map right now.... There was 5 extra feet beside you I was trying to decide what to do....thanks for helping me out...

Funny, Im working on the map right now.... There was 5 extra feet beside you I was trying to decide what to do....thanks for helping me out...

We would love a couple of private porta pots Char!!! Thanks for thinking of us... and a quiet genset would be great too... :twisted:

Back