MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
MattG
is One Chatty Farker

Default Buffalo Chopper

How many of you have a Buffalo Chopper in your vending Trailer?

Check us out on Facebook
[url]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pots-BBQ/107610505962113[/url]
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

How would you use it? It chops things really fine.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #3
MattG
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyle's BBQ View Post
How would you use it? It chops things really fine.
My understanding of the chopper the cut depends on how many times you run it through. I would use it for pork and brisket. I was thinking if I had a big line at a festival a Buffalo chopper would be handy.

Check us out on Facebook
[url]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pots-BBQ/107610505962113[/url]
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

You may find that is a bigger hassle to clean than it is worth. If your pork is done, it really doesn't take much to pull it. Just have some well insulated gloves and you can do it just as fast. Is the brisket going to be pulled also? If so I would look at chuck roasts, I think you can get those cheaper and would pull like the butts.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 05-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #5
Grafixgibbs
is one Smokin' Farker

I have used one. It is great for making slaw and chopping pork quickly. You can do a whole but in about 5 seconds. You have to be careful though because if you over chop it becomes a mushy mess. When feeding lots of people it is great.

BBQ is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

KCBS Member
CBJ
55 gallon Texas Grill (deceased), CS-680 Louisiana Grill, Charbroil R2 unit, Weber Performer
Grafixgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote