P

Pitmasterx

Yep Pizza,

Oh man do I love pizza!
This time I made the traditional pizza magherita as first made for Queen Magaretha 1889.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl3fToDEAXo"]Traditional Pizza Magherita on the barbecue - YouTube[/ame]

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for watching

PitmasterX???

Alrighty, then. I'll bite. Your bottom crust looks fabulous. Your top crust looks, uncooked, to say the least. Top crust looks like a dumpling. Sorry, just saying.

Furthermore, it looks edible. I'd still hit it.

Looks good. I believe however the queen was served the pizza with tomato slices not sauce. Of course I’ve been wrong before and will be again.

Looks good. I believe however the queen was served the pizza with tomato slices not sauce. Of course I’ve been wrong before and will be again.

Thanks for you comment, but:

I'm sorry you guessed right and you are wrong:roll:
Before this pizza, every pizza was served with tomato slices. This is the first one with tomato puree and the basic to the pizza we know today.

A characteristic to the neapolitan pizza is that the crust is very thin. It does not rise that much while cooking. This a picture of another pizza I made that day, it gives you a good view of what the crust looks like. On top it may not look al that done, but in fact its perfect
I'm sorry but you guessed right! Before this pizza, every pizza was served with tomato slices. This is the first one with tomato puree and the basic to the pizza we know today.A caracteristic to the napolitan pizza is that the crust is very thin. It does not rise that much while cooking. This a picture of another pizza I made that day, it gives you a good view of what the crust looks like. On top it may not look al that done, but in fact its perfectThanks for commenting
_DSC0421.JPG

Thanks for commenting

Great job Pitmasterx and thanks for the video! Very similar to what I do here in the States. I am a wood-fired pizza lover and connoisseur myself, although I have had to cut back on breads because of my cholesterol, I still love to make a great wood-fired pizza. I just make my skin very thin and grill one side first, then add the toppings to the grilled side and then finish grilling the whole pizza. I hope to construct a wood-fired brick oven in the near future.

Back