Honey Apple-Balsamic Glazed Bacon Wrapped Italian-Seasoned Blue Cheese Burger Meatball in a can!!!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
The Almighty Meatball Throwdown starts today, and I wanted to kick it off with something the Throwdown regulars might really go for.:becky:

I figured I would make those Italian style meatball things that are wrapped in bacon. I'm not sure if there is any sort of name for them, but they are good, and perfect for this Throwdown.:thumb:

This recipe makes Nine Meatballs.

I started with some Burger, Blue Cheese, Onion Powder, Granulated Garlic, Italian Seasoning and Bacon.
r_IMG_1246.jpg

I crumbled up the Blue Cheese and added it to the meat along with the seasonings.
r_IMG_1248.jpg

Then I mixed it all together and rolled it out into Nine Meatballs. However, there was extra meat left over, so I made four more, making a lucky total of Thirteen Meatballs!:whoo:

Then I wrapped them in bacon. Even with the extraordinarily large number of meatballs (nearly 50% more than expected), I had some bacon left over (thank goodness).
r_IMG_1251.jpg

Then I cooked them until they looked like this.
r_IMG_1252.jpg

I made a glaze from two parts Honey and one part Red Apple Balsamic Glaze. For the plating, I used the lid from a can of Popcorn we got for Christmas.
r_IMG_1253.jpg

r_IMG_1254.jpg

r_IMG_1256.jpg

I'm not sure which picture to use just yet. I need to decide wisely however, because the Throwdowns have come under close scrutiny by some general from China who has made lots of threats if we do not prepare the dishes right. I sure hope I got everything just right, the way the general wants. I think this one has everything, so I'm sure he will be pleased.:thumb:

Looks like great things happen when you mess with yer balls. :clap2:

Wow! That sounds and looks delicious! What'd you call these things again? :confused:

Wow! That sounds and looks delicious! What'd you call these things again? :confused:
I'm thinking a good and easy to remember name would be nice. Something like Honey Apple-Balsamic Glazed Bacon Wrapped Italian-Seasoned Blue Cheese Burger Meatball in a can.:thumb:

I need to decide wisely however, because the Throwdowns have come under close scrutiny by some general from China who has made lots of threats if we do not prepare the dishes right. I sure hope I got everything just right, the way the general wants. I think this one has everything, so I'm sure he will be pleased.:thumb:

Sounds to me like you are just generalizing.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back