MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
markpmc
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Yet another spicewine/backwoods question

I did search, but didn't find the answer I'm looking.

I'm going pro in MBN this October. Right now my OK Joe limits me to just the ribs category (10-12 racks per cook). While I'm in no hurry to do a whole hog, I do want to compete in the shoulder category in 2011. So...

What size SW/BW do I need to cook ay least 6 shoulders and 10-12 racks of ribs? Yes I know I can call the manufactures, but I'd prefer to hear from users/customers. Afterall I don't want to buy too small do I ?

Thanks,

Mark
markpmc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
KC_Bobby
Babbling Farker

I have a Competitor - I don't think I could get 6 full shoulders in it at one time without some creativity - I don't think 2 would fit on a rack but it would be close. Even so, if they would fit, I think they would block a lot of the airflow.

12 racks of ribs would take 4 shelves in a Competitor.

A few guys here have the Piglet model - that might be something that would work for your needs. Plus, it would also fit a whole pig (not at the same time)
Proud KCBS Member & Certified Judge

KC_Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
markpmc
Knows what a fatty is.

Thanks, I did have the piglet down as the most likely BW shoulder cooker.
markpmc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-02-2010, 06:06 PM   #4
TN_BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

BWS Piglet would be maxed out with 12 slabs and 6 whole shoulders. It's got the space, but just barely....so start saving for a 2nd smoker