Made a MESS

parrdist

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
The wife is off shopping with the MIL,just me and the dogs. I decided to make my first Fattie. Got out the gallon zip loc bag made some shredded hash browns and some scrambled eggs, and cheddar cheese. I let the potatoes and eggs cool, flatten the sausage split the sides of the bag, topped the sausage with potatoes, eggs and some cheese:confused:. This is when it went VERY BAD, started to roll the sausage it sticks to the bag as I try to loosen the meat from the bag it starts to fall apart sides are splitting eggs and taters falling out. At this point I have the making of a sausage egg scramble. I picked up the mess put all in the skillet and made a huge scramble that was very good, but not what I had in mind when I started,HELP what did I do wrong?
Now I'm going to start the UDS and make some Ribs. Those I know how to do.

You didn't start simple. Lately, it seems like everyone believes a fatty has to have a dozen filllings with an argyle bacon weave.

Use the KISS method. Buy a chub of sausage (I prefer Jimmy Dean All Natural), unwrap it, roll it in your favorite rub (be sure to use one with low salt, because the sausage has plenty of salt), and smoke it for an 1.5-2 hours at 250. Slice and enjoy.

LOL

Been there...

Lil tip. after you get the sausage in the ziplock bag and spread out how you want it throw it in the freezer for a bit to firm up. That way the sausage won't stick to the bag and be all greasy when you roll it...

sounds like you may have overstuffed too... cut back the amount of filling...

You didn't start simple. Lately, it seems like everyone believes a fatty has to have a dozen filllings with an argyle bacon weave.

Use the KISS method. Buy a chub of sausage (I prefer Jimmy Dean All Natural), unwrap it, roll it in your favorite rub (be sure to use one with low salt, because the sausage has plenty of salt), and smoke it for an 1.5-2 hours at 250. Slice and enjoy.

Winner Winner Fatty Dinner

To me there is nothing like a plain smoked Fatty sliced and fried and then placed on top of a toasted english muffin with a fried egg...

To me there is nothing like a plain smoked Fatty sliced and fried and then placed on top of a toasted english muffin with a fried egg...

yup... (I add a slice of cheese) but it is The Breakfast of the BBQ Gods...

Thank You,I had another Lb of sausage and just seasoned and wrapped some bacon around it put it on with the ribs. Looks like I'm on my way to my first FATTIE success. Thanks for the tips,I'll try a stuffed one at another time.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I do loves me a plain fatty on an English muffin or biscuit. The tip for keeping the meat really cold is a good one, another this is a little Pam spray works pretty well.

Hit the inside of the bag with a lite spray of Pam before you put the sausage in.

Back