• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

vacuum packed

heavenlysmoked

Reaction score
OK experts question made to make 2 briskets, ribs, pull pork, for my mother in law party and 2 are for me can I vacuum pack this briskets whole after they rest or when Completely cooled and same for ribs and pull pork

Sure you can, if your vacuum sealer handles big enough bags for the brisket and butts. The typical home unit may not be wide enough.

What is she going to do with them for the party? It may be better so slice the brisket and pull the pork so she can just reheat them in the bag.

Sure you can, if your vacuum sealer handles big enough bags for the brisket and butts. The typical home unit may not be wide enough.

What is she going to do with them for the party? It may be better so slice the brisket and pull the pork so she can just reheat them in the bag.

this is exactly what I did for a work party

for the ribs, I did not sauce them when cooking. When they were done, I let them rest then wrapped them in plastic and put the in the fridge.

Next morning, I cut them into individual bones and vac sealed them

At the party, I reheated them in hot water, pulled them out and sauced them

it went over real well!

Here is a pic I posted earlier from the party

Attachments

• IMG_1086[1].jpg
    IMG_1086[1].jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 95

What is she going to do with them for the party? It may be better so slice the brisket and pull the pork so she can just reheat them in the bag.[/QUOr

Well the extra was to put in freezer for bbq craving in the middle of week

The bones are not a problem you can freeze the whole rack or you can cut into 4 bone servings. Brisket I find it better to separate point & flat cut the point in 1/2 length wise and the flat into 3 pieces it will help to retain moisture. Slices dry out because there is so much surface area. Never slice more than you can eat in once sitting unless your feedin the 2ND Marine Div.

I reason I cut the bones separate is because there was plenty of other meats for people to try, some might just want 1 or 2 ribs (the ladies mostly) and this way they could just take what they wanted. I felt if there was a a hunk with 4 ribs on it that they would pass on them since they were not going to eat them all

I just wanted it to be easier for everyone, and it worked out real well.

Back