New Akorn Model with Table (pics)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Saw this at Home Depot today when I was there buying some paint. I don't remember a table model last year and am guessing it is new for 2013. Looks pretty cool.

IMG2868.jpg

IMG2869.jpg

You are getting more work area for $30 over the model from last year.

glad to see they removed the giant char-griller emblem from the center cast iron. that drives me crazy on my Akorn from 2012.

wonder what size grate an akorn has 18?

19.5" cast iron grate

20130129_104710.jpg

13.5" on the top pivot tray

20130129_104734.jpg

Forgive the gunk on the grill.

I shut it down as soon as brought in last night's ribs and ABTs.

A good cleaning will be done tonight when I heat it up for the burgers my son requested.

glad to see they removed the giant char-griller emblem from the center cast iron. that drives me crazy on my Akorn from 2012.

Wonder if plain-Jane replacement inserts will be available via Chargriller.

I had the opportunity so bought one of the old models just a couple weeks ago. Table space is always appreciated but overall I'm not having regret pangs, I like my black model just fine. :)

Non logo replacements are available, but make sure C Grill customer service knows exactly what you want. They have sent me the wrong parts 3 different times.

That logo can be cut off between the grates with a grinding wheel.

Good deal. I also heard this is triple insulated vs double insulated from previous models.

IF true, then that's a double edge sword type of thing IMO. It makes keeping temps from creeping up in low n slow cooks tricky. It would take even longer for temps to come down if you overshoot target temp.

I believe I paid around ten bucks for the grate insert without the logo about three months ago I also ordered the char Griller maverick et 732 at the same time since shipping is around 12 bucks.
That akorn sure looks nice with that table I wonder if its already sealed around the bottom vent .

Jrow

I appreciate this. I am pulling the trigger on one of these soon and was already eyeballing the older model, I'd gladly shell out the extra $30 for the table and triple insulation.

Where did the information about the new model having three layers of insulation come from? I cannot seem to find any references to extra insulation on the internet. If the cooker is not any thicker, I would be skeptical of any claim that the wall structure has been modified in any way.

I checked out the new table model at HD today. The bottom vent is the same air leaker as previous models. The one thing that definately needed improvement, they didn't bother fixing at almost zero cost. Shame on Chargriller.

The top vent doesn't have numbers on it.

A new latch for the lid isn't an improvement in my opinion. I had to push down the lind fairly hard in order for it to latch.

Maybe it can be tweaked.

No difference in insulation

Nice table.

I like my old Lowes model for $60 less.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea of tHe Home Depot sku on this? I can't seem to get my hd to believe me that it exists and they didn't find it in their system.

Well dangit. I just built a new table for mine. That's a pretty dang good deal!

Back