Help guys! Rib Rub!

bigzthamoose

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Ok, this is dumb, but i am in desperat need of a comparable rub to HomeBBQ's rib rub! My family loves it, and i realize im down to just enough to cover maybe one slab, and there is no way i will get it shipped to me by monday! Do they carry it at kc bbq store? I live close. But wanted to see if anyone knows a pretty close comparison! Thanks for any leads! :-D

Doesn't look like the KC store carries it from their online shop but it wouldn't hurt to call them.
I have never had HomeBBQ's rib rub so I can't help you with a recipe. Good luck!

I am pretty sure the BBQ store doesn't carry any of the HomeBBQ.com rub. We use the rib rub and have to order it from Kevin. It is fairly unique and I have never tasted any commercial rubs like it...also have never seen and homemade recipies for a knock-off.

When do you need it and how much do you need?

What kind of rub is it? spicy? sweet? tangy?

Try something else and tell them THEY need to buy you some more of the other rub AND more ribs :thumb:

Ok, this is dumb, but i am in desperat need of a comparable rub to HomeBBQ's rib rub! My family loves it, and i realize im down to just enough to cover maybe one slab, and there is no way i will get it shipped to me by monday! Do they carry it at kc bbq store? I live close. But wanted to see if anyone knows a pretty close comparison! Thanks for any leads! :-D

Never used that brand, but learned many years ago to order another 5 lb pack when you hit the half way point. I have a collection of about 30 rub recipes I have tried (and made modifications to my liking on some of them) but I prefer to use Razorback, Plowboys, or Smack your lips as my basic rubs.

By the time I order in all the spices, weigh them out, mix and bag the finished product.... Nawwww I'd rather buy a 25 pound box of good commercial rub and be done with it.

Contrary to opinions, there are some products not made just for maximum profit, but some owners do take pride in their products.

Maybe you could do a comparison cook....use different rubs on each rack and see what the family prefers.
Sometimes we cook several racks, different rubs, and then finish some dry, some with sauces.
Happy Eating.
jon

Back