Need help finding any mods for Brinkman Stillwater.

Hoorenga

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Haven't had any time to do much more than look at the new Brinkman Stillwater this weekend. I put it by the door so I can at least see it as I go to work. I did a search for information on it on this site but couldn't find anything. That may have more to do with my inability to do a proper search than there not being any info. If anyone has one of these and or knows of any mods that need to be done I would apreciate knowing about them. I'll probably need a basket for it for those times when I want to use charcoal. Right now all it has is a small rectangular grate on the bottom of the fire box. Is that all I need for a stick fire? It looks like there is a place for another grate higher up near the top of the fire box but it didn't come with one. It would also be nice if there were a second (upper) shelf in the main large smoking chamber. Not that I need the extra space but it is nice to be able to place some things over other things to get a natural basting. Some one suggested fire bricks. What thickness of brick would I use and would they go in the smoke chamber as well as the fire box.

Thanks

Hoo

Get the grate up off the bottom of the firebox - my small horizontal lets me put the fire grate long way or short (across the firebox) to adjust the height.

If you do the firebrick thing get splits - the are thinner, lighter, and do the job.

Foor a second shelf in the horizontal -- measure the length and width of the chamber at the height you want the shelf. Go to Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace, grill store, Walmart, etc. and buy a replacement cooking grate of the appropriate size - get some proper length bolts, and correct washers, nuts, etc. and make a shelf.

Another option would be rebar and expanded metal - but then comes cutting, welding etc.

But, please, cook something - soon! You don't need any of this to cook a chicken! :D

1. start fire
2. let coals burn down
3. put burning coals in firbox
4. add meat
5. let meat cook.

If all else fails, just throw on a hotdog, but please cook something and make us all feel better.

kcquer said:
http://www.bandera-brethren.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4674&highlight=mod+minion

Hoo, unless your firebox door fits much better than mine did, you might get some benefit from this mod I did on the Cimarron.

(KC, check that thread.. did we loose a photo in there?)

Back