• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pork butt rage!!!

Yakfishingfool

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Why just told me she spent 3.69 a pound for butts at SAMs club. Over a hundred bucks for four butts. Gonna kill her then SAMs club!!!! OMFG!!! Last year, 99 cents a pound!!!!!

Ouch, that's more than I gave for brisket Thursday. I feel your pain.

Yikes!!! I picked up a picnic shoulder for 1.69/lb at the grocery store, but Costco was about 2.49/lb last I checked.

If you can subdue the murderous tendencies, and have not opened them yet.. bring em back and try another grocer.

I just got quoted at $3.49 and if i was willing to buy more then 1 then I could get it for $3.19CND. I think thats a easy decission since who couldn't use a spare briskett in the freezer?

I work on an AFB and I could have had 4 butts @1.10/lb on Tuesday but I waited until Friday to buy them and there were only 2 left. I looked everywhere and had to pay 2.49/lb for the other two. More than twice the cost, bummer.

I guess they should change Father's Day to "Pork Butt Day". Seems like there was a shortage all of a sudden.

Pork Butts at the local grocery (HEB) are going for 1.89/lb and picnics are 1.69/lb all day every day. Just got back from there a while ago, and there were 4 butts and 5 or 6 picnics on display. Probably more in back. They all looked great BTW, nice marbling on the butts especially.

SLS spares are 2.99/lb on sale, which IMO is a bit high.

Sam's is not as cheap as it used to be. I can get butts and briskets cheaper at Walmart. Which is kind of ironic if you think about it. To me Sam's is taking advantage of people. $2.49/lb is as High as I'll go. $2.09 ends up being about average. Anything under $1.90 around here is cheap now-a-days.
I totally feel your rage. I agree. Return them if you can.

Called the store and they were mislabled as brisket, on their way back to the store. She never thought to check them out before purchasing them. Lessoned learned. Scott

good deal. aneurysm avoided.

happy cooking!

get a RD card for father's day. (even if you're not a dad)

Back