Wasn't pretty but Spares and BB ribs are done (pr0n)

N

Noob

Had some trouble with minion method and controlling remps but ribs are off the cooker and resting ready to be eaten :D

After 3 hours (2 for baby backs)

20130216_114859_zps1f3a7134.jpg

After the 2 hrs in the foil

20130216_135428_zps0a800903.jpg

After a light sauce 15 min before removing from cooker

20130216_140036_zpsc225318c.jpg

Spares resting

20130216_141040_zps198741c9.jpg

Baby backs resting....fall off bone tender as requested by family

20130216_141002_zps9a44fa2e.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Look real good nice color, & not over sauced I'd eat 'em!

The spare rack that is on the left side came out very tough. Very weird because it was super juice and very tasty but when we bite we had to use effort. However the other rack whose bones did poke out came out great!

Looks like a Silver Smoker! That's why you had problems with temps. Those thing are wiley. Your ribs look really good though.

The spare rack that is on the left side came out very tough. Very weird because it was super juice and very tasty but when we bite we had to use effort. However the other rack whose bones did poke out came out great!

Perfect example of why you can't go by time. Each rack is different, that one needed to cook some more.

Great cook!

I concluded a while back to go 2-1-1 when cooking spares. I try to keep them between 230* -250*. Thats my zone and have good results. The uniform thickness of the rack of ribs always makes a difference. I have found that Swift brand are the thickest with that consistency, around here.

I am gonna retire from spare ribs. Baby backs came out amazing!

Don't give up on them. They take longer because there is more meat there and more fat to render. Cook them until they pass the bend test or toothpick test and they will be great.

That's a serious bbq pit, I'd like to see more of it (and eat some of those ribs they look great).

Back