MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
fmm1
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Table for my Akorn

Built a grill table this week for my Akorn. Not sanded and finished but the table itself is pretty much done! Going to add a towel rack on the front and a couple other things. Thought i'd share it with the bretheren!

Thanks from: --->

Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #2
FremontSmoke
Got Wood.

Nice looking table, Great build.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
dadsr4
somebody shut me the fark up.

Looks good. How did you support the grill in the frame? Or does it run cool enough to not have to protect the wood.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
fmm1
Knows what a fatty is.

The outside stays cool enough I wouldn't have to really worry about it, but I cut about a 1" air gap all the way around it. It's supported by the side table mounts it originally came with. I'm going to put two more L Brackets on it to the leg stands for insurance but it doesn't move not a scootch now.

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #5
Q Junkie
is One Chatty Farker

Table looks sturdy and has lots of room, but what I really like is that you BBQ in your front yard....now that's straight up Gangsta.
Q Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #6
fmm1
Knows what a fatty is.

I bbq wherever I can! True gangsta style! I like to keep my grill in the garage so everything stays cleaner. The covered area in the back has a insane dog that would cover it in dirt daily!

Old 01-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #7
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmm1 View Post
Built a grill table this week for my Akorn. Not sanded and finished but the table itself is pretty much done! Going to add a towel rack on the front and a couple other things. Thought i'd share it with the bretheren!

Nice build, looks fairly simple too. Care to share some up close pics of the air gap where the Akorn sits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q Junkie View Post
Table looks sturdy and has lots of room, but what I really like is that you BBQ in your front yard....now that's straight up Gangsta.
I do all my cooking in front of my house for all the world too see. Does that mean I'm gangsta too?

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #8
Q Junkie
is One Chatty Farker

Hey, I'm just envious because I would get a stack of "Nasty Grams" from the HOA Nazis. There is a strange phenomenon here in Kaliphornia that make your neighbors irresistibly curious about what is going on in your driveway.

"Insane Dog Posse" sounds pretty Gangsta to me.
Q Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #9
MI Smoke
Full Fledged Farker

[QUOTE=chriscw81;2341410]Nice build, looks fairly simple too. Care to share some up close pics of the air gap where the Akorn sits?

I do all my cooking in front of my house for all the world too see. Does that mean I'm gangsta too?

Nice table

Heck ya! I roll it right out of the garage.
When people drive bye, you know they are thinkin- I bet he is eating good tonight
MI Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #10
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

A neighbor told me the other day that I don't have a day when I don't bbq....he was right

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #11
BBQdisciple
Full Fledged Farker

I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these Akorns. I like the high heat/low and slow versatility. Currently I only use charcoal when I cook low and slow. other wise exclusive charcoal cooking will be a new realm for me. Do you have any complaints or regrets on this grill? thanks
BBQdisciple is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #12
javahog2002
is one Smokin' Farker

Very nice !!! Please post more photos of the completed project. Those pressure treated legs wont rot in your humidity. I used that on a couple outdoor workbench/potting tables I made.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #13
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Great looking table, you do nice work.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #14
fmm1
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQdisciple View Post
I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these Akorns. I like the high heat/low and slow versatility. Currently I only use charcoal when I cook low and slow. other wise exclusive charcoal cooking will be a new realm for me. Do you have any complaints or regrets on this grill? thanks
Not one. I will say Char Griller replaced the bottom half of the grill due to some of the press fit sleeves coming loose for the side table but replacement was a breeze and CharGriller customer service was nothing short of incredible. I love this grill. Have since the first day I got it a year ago. I do miss.... dare I say it, a propane grill at times but the food taste so much better than any propane grill could ever produce. You really just need to find the lump you like to use. I don't know who Publix uses, but it's been pretty decent for me here in the South. I also find that Cowboy lump has improved greatly in the last few months. Royal Oak from Walmart has gone down hill.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #15
Birdie
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQdisciple View Post
Been very pleased with mine, no complaints whatsoever.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2