• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Keri's Hog Apple Beans

When I make them, I use her recipe. Add a can of black beans, my PP and my BBQ sauce. I then smoke them for a few hours, until hot. I made a 1/2 steam pan for the 4th of July and it was overflowing, dripping on all the meats. The farking pan disappeared. I wanted leftovers the next day.....NONE. Great Recipe

Every catering gig I do they ask for the recipe. I don't give it out!!! Hey... I do give credit, but I aint cuttin my own throat!!

Thanks Keri! I found the recipe on this site, made it, and loved it. Have made it a couple times for small gatherings and they all want the recipe. Good stuff!!

OH YEA!!!!
MAJOR HIT!

A8.jpg

I gave the recipe out to several people after I made them last weekend.

I have a fair I am vending at this weekend good chance to try some thing new. Free samples drawn people in like flies

I love this stuff!! I have served them at a few parties this summer and they are a huge hit!

MrsBigBarry can't have canned apple pie filling (gluten) so we actually make our own from scratch and it's awesome!

I find that going light on the meat keeps the bean-iness in the forefront.

I am going to try smoking vidalias and peppers before adding them for deeper, sweeter flavors.

Mmmm...Mmmm...Good!

That sounds awesome. I will have to try these at our next catering event or get-together. Here is another recipe that is similiar, but with peaches:

8 strips bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 #10 can Bush baked beans
3 cups canned peach pie filling
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons BBQ Rub

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, until somewhat crispy and its fat has rendered. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, leaving the fat in the skillet. Add the pepper and onion to the skillet and cook, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large baking pan. Add the bacon, beans, pie filling, barbecue sauce, and rub to the pan. Mix to combine and bake, uncovered, until hot and bubbly, about 1 hour.

I did these beans a couple of years ago at Grand Rapids contest and I believe we were 4th place. I concur... fabulous beans!

Wow I made these at a cookout and now they were REQUESTED at Thanksgiving.

I used Sweet Baby Rays and Dave Rib Rub last times.. I'm going to order some Blue Hogs I hope it turns out alright... Oh and last time I used fresh apples this time I'm using canned..
It's kind of funny because my aunt that's made the beans for the last 30 some years like these also..

I am going to make these beans this weekend to take as a side to my brother in laws house.

Only thing Im Qn is MOINK balls and a Fatty this weekend. I see the recipe calls for " 1 lb. smoked leftover smoked pork or beef, more or less, or 1 lb crumbled cooked pork sausage ". Any recommendations for this or does the crumbled sausage work well? How do you prefer to cook the sausage as well?

I am going to make these beans this weekend to take as a side to my brother in laws house.

Only thing Im Qn is MOINK balls and a Fatty this weekend. I see the recipe calls for " 1 lb. smoked leftover smoked pork or beef, more or less, or 1 lb crumbled cooked pork sausage ". Any recommendations for this or does the crumbled sausage work well? How do you prefer to cook the sausage as well?

Just smoke 2 fatties, crumble, and you're good. :thumb:

Back