***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Home Made Bread" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Home Made Bread" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Home Made Bread"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Saturday 11/6.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]bigabyte[/size]
1438397_bigabyte.jpg

[size=+2]The West Coast Crew and BigButz Too[/size]
1439448_The_West_Coast_Crew_and_BigButz_Too.jpg

[size=+2]MadCityJim[/size]
1440370_MadCityJim.jpg

[size=+2]Brimhack[/size]
1444034_Brimhack.jpg

[size=+2]Garyclaw[/size]
1444286_Garyclaw.jpg

[size=+2]{Midnight ☼ Smoke}[/size]
1444502_Midnight_Smoke.jpg

[size=+2]chobint[/size]
1444812_chobint.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
1444825_Gore.jpg

[size=+2]ecode[/size]
1444849_ecode.jpg

[size=+2]bluetang[/size]
1445283_bluetang.jpg

[size=+2]High Q[/size]
1445754_High_Q.jpg

[size=+2]SmokinAussie[/size]
1445864_SmokinAussie.jpg

[size=+2]Ron L[/size]
1445954_Ron_L.jpg

[size=+2]Moose[/size]
1446197_Moose.jpg

All impressive entries. But, Moose's spoke to me the most. It's that little bit of cheese oozing out that put it over the top. :)

Ecode's pictures and food are equally amazing-looking. He has my vote.

It came down to two, but, I had to go with Ronelle even though he completely blew the bread part, it just looks so good.

How am I supposed to decide on one...they all look spectacular

Ooooh, Moose, anything with cheese oozing out of it like that has got to be sooooo yummilicious! Cool, Yum!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I have to agree with Redhot. Moose's entry did it ALL for me.:thumb::thumb:

I don't want to jinx it but Team Husbands is winning... Just sayin.

Thanks a lot guys :mad2:, might as well post a big sign next to mine saying, "Vote for the squirrel!" That'll be the end of this zero. Well, I figured there would probably be a vote or two anyway from the few Brethren who prefer alcohol to bread.

Well, I will say that there are a lot of good entries in this contest. My plain old bread would have been overshadowed by the other entries. Only one made me say "Now that's clever" and it got my vote.

I took my time and looked very close at all the very fine entries. And, I just thought Mr. Claw had produced the closest thing to bread, at least in my mind.

I wish I might have tasted all of them though.

I humbly submit this breakdown of entry's as I see them. I want to be objective.
As I cannot taste the entries so I can only give an opinion based on appearance and criteria. So here it is.
# 1 Bigabyte I love brownies but as this is a "bread" throw down I would disqualify them Great shot, especially with the milk.
#2 WestCoast crew Unfortunately all I see is a huge wienie, sorry
#3 MadcityJim Now this is starting to look like bread! Great presentation(in the pan) Are those bacon flavored cinnamon rolls???
#4 Brimhack Looks good but it's a "pig in a blanket" not bread
#5 GaryClaw Great looking pecan/caramel loaf, but. Desert, not "bread
#6 Midnight Smoke Nice looking muffins, moist almost sticky looking. not bread.
#7 Chobint Hey! Bread! looks great, maybe could have a little more browning and I would like to have seen a slice or two, but hey it's Bread!
#8 Gore This is why I love throw downs Such originality, unexpected entries, something you never heard of before. Not BREAD! lol Thank You for something unexpected.
# 9 ecode Dang nice looking batch of cinnamon rolls "Desert"
# 10 BlueTang Very tasty looking stuffed biscuits
#11 High Q Nice stuffed biscuits, maybe could have been a little browner
#12 Smokin Aussie. Nice job on the bread, nice looking loaf, good presentation, colors are a bit washed out but overall good job.
#13 RonL one of the best exposures yet. Nice color and presentation but, it's a biscuit.
#14 Moose Probably the best looking entry nice clear pic, great colors, made me want to eat it immediately, unfortunately, it Pizza. so
After all this, I'm going to have to say my pick is
Smokin Aussie

The reason I gave this breakdown is, as a cook I don't want someone to say that tasted like crap, I want them to tell me, it was too salty or,,,, so I can make adjustments.
Thank you, and please don't take any of this personally.
G
:)

Back