• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First time brisket- UDS temp question

B

BlkJeep

I found this thing labeled brisket in the freezer. :razz: Thawed it out and got out some spicewine Heffer Dust. Would like to cook it the UDS. :twisted: What temp should I cook at and at what internal temp do I pull it? Below is what I've done so far.

DSC01778.jpg

DSC01779.jpg

Rubbed and layed flat.

DSC01780.jpg

Yes I used mustard on one side!:icon_bugeyed

DSC01781.jpg

You can go low-n-slow @ 225-250 for a few hours till it's done (when your probe slides in like buttah...roughly 190-200 internal)...or you can go hot and fast @ 325-350 for a few hours less...I prefer the hot and fast myself...usually takes 3-4 hours or so. I foil the brisket @ 160 and throw it back on the smoker till it's done...then cooler.

Be sure to foil and cooler for an hour or two after cooking then slice against the grain and serve...good luck! :p

Well I put it on this morning with some apple. I let it get to 165 then put foil on it. Let it get to 200 and put it in the cooler for 2.5 hours. Served with baked potatoes, carrorts, lima beans and olives. Was really tender. Everyone said it was the best brisket they've ever had? Thanks for the tips!!!!

Not much smoke ring but you could taste teh smoke.
DSC01789.jpg

DSC01788.jpg

Thanks again!!!:wink:

? why won't it let me edit my first post?

Anyway. Man it was good!!

Back