Friday Last Minute Cook (pron)

thaifighter06

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
The lady and I had planned on going out to dinner with a few friends on Friday night only to be last minute ditched by our friends on account of a surprise family visit. While we understood, we were still VERY hungry and looking forward to a good meal.

I had some local produce from my vegetable co-op lying around and decided that a smokey pork tenderloin sounded about right. I ran to the local meat market and snagged one, rubbed it with mustard and the "smokehouse rub" from Williams & Sonoma. I also injected with a little ginger teriyaki for fun.

I used the "iGrill" that I recently got for my birthday (which is hilarious, btw) and watched my tenderloin cook from the comfort of my kitchen where I prepared everything else. My wife's maiden name is "Wong" (she's half chinese) so I try to incorporate "Wong" into everything I do in attempt to celebrate her as often as possible (hence pork "tenderwong").

I cooked the pork to 145, made a little quinoa and used the same ginger teriyaki to saute the veggies (home grown: tomatoes, green and red peppers and eggplant).

It turned out...well...BOO-YAH.

Last edited:
looks good. Probably couldn't find a place out that served a better meal anyway. My wife always appreciates it when I cook for her more than taking her out because it comes from the heart!

Great looking cook! Makes me want to try eggplant...have no idea what I'd do with it, though! :laugh:

Back