• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren Throwdown - "Wild Game"

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This weeks category is...

[SIZE=+2]"Wild Game"[/SIZE]
trout-citrus-bbq.jpg

Photo from I Love My BBQ

This week Grillinski has chosen Wild Game. Let's see what the Brethren can do!

Here is the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown which we follow every week!

1) The item must be either Grilled or Smoked.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown week ( 6/29 - 7/5 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by 9pm Central on 7/6.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin by Tuesday 7/7 after I submit the "Vote" thread and voting will close on Sunday 7/12. All votes will be public.

Next weeks category will be decided by the winner of the BBQ Spaghetti throwdown, The Pickled Pig!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

DSC03626.jpg

Can it be poached?......and I don't mean gently simmered in water, milk, stock or wine. :biggrin: Nah, wild turkey is out, the fine is to steep on that one. My buddy is having some rabbit issues in his garden :rolleyes:....Oops, no "r" in June, better not shoot a cottontail. Earlier this year, this bad boy walked right by my driveway as I was getting ready to go to work, but he was definitely domesticated. :grin:

pig008jpga.jpg

Actually, The timing is perfect on this one (I didn't even know what the category for this week was) but I happen to have something wild in the refrigerator right now, and I'm game. Heheeee.
j0318102.gif

Excellent. I have some Lion burgers for sure in the freezer as well as a mess of other stuff. What to pull out.....hmmmm..... Unfortunately, I just cooked the last of my elk last week.

Found a big old gator roast in the freezer. Thawing on the counter now. Looks like that will be my entry.

Can't wait to see this one! I love wild game. :-D

This could get interesting, I am cleaning out the freezer now. I have some buffalo ribs, crawdads, llama, lion, gator, guinea hens, baby octopus.

What counts as wild game? Or more importantly, what does NOT count as wild game.

Voters always decide on any and all rules outside of the ones originally posted when they go to vote.

This could get interesting, I am cleaning out the freezer now. I have some buffalo ribs, crawdads, llama, lion, gator, guinea hens, baby octopus.

What counts as wild game? Or more importantly, what does NOT count as wild game.

That is rather amazing, Greg, at least to me!
Seems like all you're missing is tiger and bear.......oh my.

BOT, I'm thinking crawdads don't count as wild game.:lol:

I've got lots of venison, wild hog, wild turkey, elk, dove, quail, redfish, catfish,crappie and pheasant and trying to come up with the best idea for this competition.

I've got lots of venison, wild hog, wild turkey, elk, dove, quail, redfish, catfish,crappie and pheasant and trying to come up with the best idea for this competition.

Turkey stuffed with pheasant, stuffed with dove, stuffed with quail. With a wild hog/venison/elk fatty with a smoked fish trio appetizer.:biggrin:

I did have some bear but that got all eaten up. Had some kangaroo as well that got turned into meatloaf mixed with some wild boar. I have a mess of venison steaks and chops as well that I found upon further examination. Still not sure what I am going to do.

And tiger is majorly illegal. I know a guy that runs a wild game store that did hard time in prison because he was set up by PITA. They sold it too him under the idea that it was lion and the next day the feds showed up. While he was locked up PITA burned down his store.

Well Brethren this is my entry for wild game week. :grin:Venison Wellington :grin:
To start things out I first took some back straps out of the freezer. While cooking up some baby portabella stuffing, onion, garlic and parsley. Put some patie (aka goose liver) on the venison with mushroom stuffing and wrapped in filo dough. Grilled for 25 min at 350 and dinner is done! Enter some sweet potato mash and some corn to complete the dish. Druel at this beautiful pron!

Last edited:
Turkey stuffed with pheasant, stuffed with dove, stuffed with quail. With a wild hog/venison/elk fatty with a smoked fish trio appetizer.:biggrin:

LMAO!!!! Genius!!!!

I've got some Duck breasts from this winter, and some venison.......oooo and catfish!!

Hmmmmm..........I may have try something on Sunday night if I have time after we get back from camping..........might be a stretch.

Well Brethren this is my entry for wild game week. :grin:Venison Wellington :grin:
To start things out I first took some back straps out of the freezer. While cooking up some baby portabella stuffing, onion, garlic and parsley. Put some patie (aka goose liver) on the venison with mushroom stuffing and wrapped in filo dough. Grilled for 25 min at 350 and dinner is done! Enter some sweet potato mash and some corn to complete the dish. Druel at this beautiful pron!

HOLY SHNIKEYS!!!!

What a way to start the Throwdown!!!

NICE!!!!!!

........I fold.:lol:

Back