• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What's your ratio? ( Wing Sauce ? )

Shifty1

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I keep reading Franks and butter for your wings. Is there a standard ratio used?

What else do you folks throw on your wings?

Thanks

I use to use a 2 to 1 Franks to butter...now just Franks

My wife and I are at two extremes. I use 1/2 cup Franks and 2 TBSP butter, while for the wifey I use 1/4 cup of a butter/margarine mix and 2 TBSP Franks.
I also dust them with Yardbird after rubbing with some EVOO before cooking them.

I don't fry them, but bake them at 425 degrees for 60 minutes, turning them once at 30 minutes. I then shake them with the sauce and serve.

I use Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce. I put that SH!t on everything! I grill my wings from frozen. Half are made a S&P, the other half bathed in Frank's Buffalo Wing sauce.

Last edited:
Who measures? a little butter, some Franks, a little cayenne. Don't forget the bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks.

Been doing it for years! Since I was a boy... ½ cup franks 3 tbs butter 3on tbs dark brown sugar... I grew up in buffalo... its the way it is:) lol

I use 1 stick of butter to one bottle of Franks. Not sure what size the bottle is, though. Standard size I guess?

I'm in the "I don't really measure" boat. I did at first, but then really couldn't taste the difference in the amount of butter/margarine I would add. So then I actually started using less of the butter that I just eyeballed before. I don't always use franks either. Just what catches my eye.

Who measures? a little butter, some Franks, a little cayenne. Don't forget the bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks.

I hear ya. I justlike to have an idea of where to start to cut down on the learning curve.

Thanks for tips guys. Adding the brown shugger sounds good.

I have been using the APL recipe for my wings, and I use Texas Pete wing sauce (Frank's is great too). Depending on how hot the crowd wants their wings is the determining factor in how many jalapenos I put in the sauce, seeds, etc.

Although I do use the APL recipe, I do not use the $13 tied chives to a spoon brush mod...:becky: I actually dunk em once in a bowl (after they are cooked through in the aluminum pan) and then dunk em again before plating.

4:1 - Franks to butter. I give them a good coating of garlic powder, then Tony C's Cajun seasoning and put them in the oven at 400* for one hour, flipping half way through. Toss in the sauce and we're good to go!

The best wing ever,12 oz franks, 1 stick unsalted butter, 1 tbls. minced garlic and a couple grinds of black pepper. melt butter with garlic.then add franks. let simmer for a while the longer the better. do not let this come to a hard boil this will keep it from seperating later.it's just like BBQ low and slow.

Back