MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 03-31-2020, 02:48 PM   #1
pharp
Banned

Default The BBQ League

I just want to give an upvote to what The BBQ League is doing. Having taken their class vs. what they made available online for the pork box...you should sign up. Great video tutorial.
pharp is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 03-31-2020, 02:57 PM   #2
Smokin D@wg@77
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason

Im giving it serious thought .... ive got comp class to pay for this month but next month i might sign up for that
Smokin D@wg@77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2020, 11:01 PM   #3
gettinbasted
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharp View Post
I just want to give an upvote to what The BBQ League is doing. Having taken their class vs. what they made available online for the pork box...you should sign up. Great video tutorial.
Thanks! We’ve got lots of great content and discounts on the way! We just posted a virtual brisket cook with a great prize package.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:53 AM   #4
NoNotTheDuo
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Scott

I'd completely echo everything so far. The pork class alone is worth the $100 fee. I learned more from that video than I have from most other paid videos.

I'm definitely going to be participating in the virtual brisket cook. No reason not to and the prize pack is amazing!
NoNotTheDuo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2020, 11:38 AM   #5
Porcine Perfection
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : ...

Nothing against "The BBQ League" or what their content might be, but to me the price point is too high for just their content and discounts. There is plenty of great content already out there starting right here. What exactly are their discounts?

Old 04-01-2020, 11:58 AM   #6
pharp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcine Perfection View Post
Nothing against "The BBQ League" or what their content might be, but to me the price point is too high for just their content and discounts. There is plenty of great content already out there starting right here. What exactly are their discounts?
I paid for mine with the SRF discount on my first order.

Old 04-01-2020, 12:26 PM   #7
Smokin D@wg@77
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason

Quote:
I paid for mine with the SRF discount on my first order.
WOW ......know im really looking
Smokin D@wg@77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2020, 12:45 PM   #8
pharp
Banned

Quote:
How many KCBS pork wins do you have...just curious.

Old 04-01-2020, 12:50 PM   #9
Porcine Perfection
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : ...

Quote:
How many KCBS pork wins do you have...just curious.
I have zero. How many pork wins do you have since joining? Zero. What is your point?

Once again I have nothing bad to say about "The BBQ League". All I am saying is that for me, for what I know about it, it isn't worth the money.

Convince me!
How much is the SRF discount if one joins? How much did you purchase to have the discount pay for your membership?

Old 04-01-2020, 01:12 PM   #10
ewatts2003
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
I have zero. How many pork wins do you have since joining? Zero. What is your point?

Once again I have nothing bad to say about "The BBQ League". All I am saying is that for me, for what I know about it, it isn't worth the money.

Convince me!
How much is the SRF discount if one joins? How much did you purchase to have the discount pay for your membership?
Tell all pork video, discounts on Gateway Drums and accessories, discounts on SRF, discounts from 2 supply stores, forums to ask any questions and get responses, virtual brisket competition with thousands in prizes...all for $100 membership fee. Didn't take long to convince me anyways.

Last edited by ewatts2003; 04-01-2020 at 01:28 PM..
ewatts2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2020, 01:59 PM   #11
midwest_kc
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joel

Quote:

Convince me!
Right now there's 20% off 14-16 lb golds...so probably like 2 and a half briskets?

Old 04-01-2020, 02:28 PM   #12
bpeyton89
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:

Convince me!
Not to mention 10% off KC BBQ store, one time 15% off KC grilling store. For $100 I think anyone that competes is doing him/herself a disservice by not signing up.
bpeyton89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2020, 03:27 PM   #13
gettinbasted
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:

Convince me!
Tim and I have 58 including the Jack, The American Royal and three KCBS pork team of the year awards. We give our entire process plus all the other stuff mentioned for $100. I promise, you aren't finding that anywhere else on the internet because there is no one else more qualified to teach competition pork than the two of us.

We honestly didn't price this thing for competition cooks. It's way to low. We have had hundreds come through our classes at $650 a pop. What we are really hoping is to create some value and content for everyone and we tried to price it accordingly.

If you've got any other questions let me know!

Old 04-01-2020, 04:59 PM   #14
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinbasted View Post
We just posted a virtual brisket cook with a great prize package.
And, of course, I don't have a brisket in the house

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-01-2020, 05:01 PM   #15
localyocal
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Brad

I would highly recommend signing up. The class was incredibly detailed and much less expensive than any other class I've attended. The other videos, including the brisket discussion, has great insight as well. Even if you aren't a competition cook it's very informative IMO.