cooking classes

LT72884

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
What is required to teach a cooking class? do i need food handlers for just instructional course?

I have been asked to teach people how to cook/grill. I was thinking a good demo of how to grill steaks and what not. Then serve them some of the prepared food. I will need food handlers for that part and will they need to sign anytbing?

Thanks guys. Oh how much would you charge? The place i used to go to charges 80$ for 1.5 hours of time in class. They wanted me to teach there really bad but it was right during school. Haha. Anyway i was thinking something cheaper than that so i attract people

baffle them with bullchit and dazzle them with brilliance!

According to what your state regulations are.

thats good to know. Food handlers is all they need here. so its time to dazzle and cook some awesome meals for em. gonna teach them caveman steaks and chops. maybe some planked salmon and shrimp.

I also made some wicked good cold smoked cheese and salmon.. maybe i can make some sushi grade smoked salmon. haha. i have been taking sushi lessons. haha

the old saying goes....if you have to ask, your not ready.

lol. i know what you mean. haha. I know exactly what im going to teach. I teach artisan bread backing classes and people love it. People have been asking me to teach grilling and smoking but pricing for that is way different. haha.

$80 for a 90 minute grilling class :wacko:

yup, im serious. it cost me $80 and here is what we did. They cooked a filet of beef tenderloin on an aluminum grill pan, made some aspargus with bacon, and some fried bri cheese. It was all demo, we got to watch the entire time and never got to cook a thing. He was a master chef from somewheres but still, all demo. I dont know why they called it grilled filet when it never touched a grill, not even a gas grill WHICH they had in there. haha

for example. this week they are having someone talk about gardening and they will demo how to use fresh foods. the class is $65. The basic knife skills class is $40, the basic mexican dishes class is $49 and all the hands on courses such as simple soups; pastries;basics of french cooking; quick breads; pizza and suishi classes start at $45. So for my hands on class of artisan bread baking is a killer deal for what i do. haha.

They asked me to work with them in the past but couldnt due to family issues with health going on.

so i have to match my prices to be lower than theirs but still be nice. They do have a nice kitchen. If i teach grilling lessons, its going to be on my nice OTG and backyard kitchen. The hardest part is how much is demo and how much is hands on due to liability.

thanks

Back