• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket in Butcher Paper

I had 15" and it was too narrow by about 12" to be really easy. I would think 18" would also be about the same. If I had a good wide table next to my cooker, this might not have been as big of an issue. I really think 24" is the minimum, that being said, I am cheap enough, that I would buy the 18" over paying shipping on anything wider.

You are one of the guys I followed on this. An excellent technique. I will note, I had to buy 15" width, what a pain! I am gonna get some 30" stuff if I ever see it.

Cool brotha I'm always happy to help, ya when I run out I'm getting a 24" roll that should be big enough to not have to join anything. You should try BP with ribs and butts it also works really well :)

if you have a smaller width roll, easiest I found was to layer/partially overlap the sheets. uses a bit more paper, but works just fine.

first one down, then the second and third at the midpoint of the bottom sheet. Then roll it up. After that way, I wrap another sheets around the brisket in the opposite direction.

That's what I did Vinny, sort of. But, it seemed that a wider roll would be easier and faster to get done. I am not going to throw out the 15" paper, but, I will refer other folks to get the 24" stuff.

That's what I did Vinny, sort of. But, it seemed that a wider roll would be easier and faster to get done. I am not going to throw out the 15" paper, but, I will refer other folks to get the 24" stuff.

I agree 100%... I still have some of the 15" to use up as well.

Thanks for the report. That Briskie looked outstadning. I am going to have to give this a shot myself!!

Looks great, thanks for posting. Not to take anything away from the BP because I know it works, but I think by smoking 2 briskets the moisture level and bark is kicked up a little with all the moisture from the 2 briskets.

Is butcher paper the same stuff as these large rolls of white/colored paper here at school that the kids use for murals and large drawings? Near as I can tell, it is, but just checking.

I have a brisket on the UDS as we speak. Cooking it HnF following AustinKnights thread he did with the butcher paper it's been on for about 2 hours. I'm gonna wrap in butcher paper in a few hours. I'm excited as hell for this is my 2 nd brisket ever. First one I did was low and slow method and it came out super dry I'm hoping this one will be much better. As for wrapping it in the butcher paper do you add the liquid on top then wrap or how do you do that?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?iyza5a

Cheapest I've found a 24" wide roll of BP is about $56 delivered (1,000 ft roll) and roughly the same price for a 30" wide roll (800 ft roll). Makes the $20 for a roll of 40#, 18" wide, 1,000 ft roll at Sam's more appealing (that price includes tax) but I would need to tape for large cuts. I'll keep checking for other options.

Huskerfan, I would bet it is. Mine looks like that stuff.

CarlWayne, I put the liquid onto the paper, under the brisket, then sealed the wrap.

Huskerfan, I would bet it is. Mine looks like that stuff.

CarlWayne, I put the liquid onto the paper, under the brisket, then sealed the wrap.

Thank you. And also I know its done when it probes like butta. But, what should the target temp be? 205 or so?

For me, normal practices. Start probing at 195F. Probe every 20-30 minutes until done.

Back