Weekend Smoke with Pron (first ever brisket included)

GEORGIA BULLHAWGS

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Man what a weekend. Me and my buddies from work like to get together and smoke some meats and watch the Bristol Night race. Below is the first ever brisket I have ever attempted.. Also, additional food was requested, so there were 3 boston butts, 1 small for one guys family, and 4 racks of ribs, and about 3 lbs of sausage and some stuff jalapeno's.

Enjoy. :)

The smoker is full...
smokerfull.jpg

Brisket after it rested for an hour or so in a warmer.
brisketafterresting.jpg

first three slices into the brisket. You can't see it, but juice ran all into the aluminum foil when I started cutting.
firstthreeslicesofbrisket.jpg

brisket after being completely slice, just before consumption. lol
brisketsliced.jpg

one more
brisketsliced2.jpg

there was nothing left after 6 7 guys and 2 wives and 4 kids ate.

Beauty brisket.:thumb::clap2:
What, no pics of the finished ribs????:heh:

Nice smoke ring and that sucker looks moist and tender! How many people were you feeding? ;)

LOL, The ribs were destroyed before I could take a pic. I could have gotten one fo the bones I suppose. :) Didn't even sauce them. Never got the chance. I was going to sauce 2 racks, and leave one dry. A local competition that is coming up does three categories. Ribs, Butts, and Chickens. You do not turn in boxes, you turn in the entire piece of meat. NO SAUCE is allowed or automatic DQ. So, for my ribs, I put my rub on, then cake on a layer of light brown sugar, and let it sit out until the sugar draws in enough moisture to turn into a THICK liquid, then it is put on the smoker. I have done well in this competition doing that. You have to turn in a whole chicken, an also the whole butt. No sauce on any of it.

total people fed was 13.

Everyone at work is still talking about the food this morning, so I am walking around like a Turkey in mating season all puffed up. lol

Back