My second brisket... (Pr0n)

SteveT

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi Guys...

Ok.... here are a couple of photos of my second brisket I have ever done. Six pound brisket, but it didn't have a big fat cap (best one I could find). I put it in a bowl of Cherry Coke the night before last, then last night I put a good coating of "Big Johns" brisket rub (was going to use a home made one, but just didn't have the time to make it.... what can I say, I had to go fly my RC planes)... Anyway, I put it in my Charbroil "Silver" at 9:00AM, after getting the smoker up to about 250 degrees where I pretty much kept it all day, and pulled it at 4:45, when it hit 187 degrees, as my digital thermometer slid in like a hot knife into butter.. wrapped it in aluminum foil for about 45 minutes (what can I say, the family was hungry, and threatening bodily harm towards me).

I think it turned out pretty good, and so did my family... :smile:

SteveT

Attachments

• Before rest.jpg
    Before rest.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 122
  • cut.jpg
    cut.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 124
Thanks guys.... I'm trying!! Gotta admit....I get very impatient when doing a long smoke, and I get hungry!! Tried to get my wife to run out to McDonald's for me, but she wouldn't do it.... So, I went hungry all day....but the wait was worth it!!

SteveT

You are gonna end up spoiling yourself with briskets like that, ya know?

You are gonna end up spoiling yourself with briskets like that, ya know?
I hope so!!! I am already finding it hard to go to BBQ restaurants....they seem somehow lacking!! At least I don't cook Chinese food!!

SteveT

Looks like it's time to try number 3... you got the second one down! :)

Very nice, beautiful smoke ring.

How is the firebrick mod working?

Chuck

Looks successful from here... my brisket #2 is on the smoker now... I hope mine looks half as good as that one :)

Back