MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Big Poppa Smokers

Notices

Big Poppa Smokers Big Poppa sells MAK Grills, Meadow Creek, American Barbeque Systems, Backwoods Smokers, German Grill, Tiernan Son Of Brisket, One Grill, Hasty Bake, Cajun Grills, Portable Kitchen and Primo. Great accessories like Frogmats, Grill Grates and Firewires. BBQer's Delights pellets and some of the best sauces and spices going.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
Big Poppa
is One Chatty Farker

Default Engineered Drum Kit and parts available

All of the individual parts are priced and available too!
Big Poppa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #2
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Ooooooh me likes. Whats the hooking stabby thingy for?
Facebook
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

It's for pulling the charcoal basket methinks.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
G$
is Blowin Smoke!

VERY interesting idea. I think you have nailed the price point perfectly, assuming the quality of materials is up to snuff.

I gotta say, BPS is my go to resource for my BBQ needs. I continue being impressed. This reminds me I need to stock up on a few things....

EDIT: ok.... price point looks a tad high to me when I see what is included. Doesn't change my original assertions": BPS is awesome.
G$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #5
Smoke & Beers
is One Chatty Farker

Is that the all important bottle opener there on the left?
Weber One Touch Gold & a Weber 22 1/2" Silver
Traeger Jr
2 UDS's Born 9-19-08 & 3-6-09
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
[COLOR=red][COLOR=black]Super Fast[/COLOR][B] RED THERMAPEN[/B][/COLOR]

"If you got them by the MOINK balls, their hearts and minds will follow" -John Wayne
Smoke & Beers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:00 AM   #6
Big Poppa
is One Chatty Farker

the parts are very well made and Im not being a hog...trust me....hahahah Did I say trust me? scratch that!
Big Poppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #7
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

I have thought of doing this exact thing...meaning selling a UDS kit online..... the price is not too high. I think Poppa's goal with the kits is to solve a problem (which is...for many;; I got the drum, okay now what) and also bring the customer back wanting other things. Good job Pop's

Do you have templates the person can just tape to the pit and drill?
Facebook
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #8
SY82
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

If I may offer some feedback...

The idea of a drum kit appeals to me greatly. It saves time and effort in assembling a decent drum smoker. I have carefully looked at and considered all of the pieces being offered in the drum kit. And after thoroughly going through the huge UDS thread available here, I feel that the kit just isn't what I am looking for yet.

The first problem is with the Nest Assembly. It's great that it's adjustable and has a handy hook for it, but it doesn't have an ash-catching pan. That means that all of the ash will drop straight to the bottom of the drum, making clean up quite a bit of a hassle.

The second is with the sliding vents. I think the sliding vents look cool. But they do not allow me to use an automatic temperature controller to be used in conjunction with the drum smoker. And I am also a little concerned with installing them. Do I have to cut out an exact rectangle where the vents are supposed to be? I am not that handy, so people like me may have a hard time trying to make exact cuts to perfectly fit the vent coverings. If I accidentally cut too much, there will be an uncovered section leading to too much draft and not enough control.

And a well-designed grommet or two for temperature probe lines and such would be nice.

These are just some of my opinions. I think the kit is a great idea. If the kit, in the future, ever resolves these issues, I will be first in line to purchase one.
SY82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #9
jimbloomfield
Full Fledged Farker

I have used one of these kits. The hardware appears to all be stainless . The vents can be made with the supplied bit . A series of 3/4 holes or if you want a square cut out you would need a jigsaw or something like it .The tape on templates make locating and drilling the holes easy.
jimbloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:08 AM   #10
BriKW
Got Wood.

What about the charcoal basket? How does it stand up to use?
Old 08-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #11
sparky'
Full Fledged Farker

Cool

i got one of these kits too. now i have a 1st rate UDS.