Pizza Party !

Don Marco

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Howdy folks...

On this summer evening it was time to throw a pizza party. Fired up the large & medium eggs and made a nice grilled vegetable platter as an appetizer with a marinade of olive oil, lime juice, my Dancing Sirtaki rub and garlic, topped with some balsamic viegar and parmesan. Had some nice Flatbread with the veggies.

The guests could assemble their Pizzas the way they wanted to. There was a wide range of toppings to chose from so every couple of minutes you could get a piece of another pizza. Perfect for a night like this.

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

So long,

DM

Well done sir! 15 pizzas, really?

I had 18 doughballs and used 3 for the appetizer, so it was 15 pizzas for 12 guests. Had the eggs running at 700 F so they only took about 3 Minutes each.

DM

Dang Don Marco - that's farkin' awesome. The crust on those pies look amazing. :clap:

Looks seriously delicious! :hungry:

I had 18 doughballs and used 3 for the appetizer, so it was 15 pizzas for 12 guests. Had the eggs running at 700 F so they only took about 3 Minutes each.

DM

I'm impressed and wish I had an invite. Let's see, North Fl to ATL to Germany + rental car, think I only need a 24 hour lead time!

Thats what Im talking about. Excellent work down to the pics.

I'm in pizza heaven! Gotta figure out how to do them on my OTS!

Its not that hard to cook a good pizza on a kettle. All you need is a pizza stone. put almost all charcoal on the edge of the charcoal grate so the pizza stone doesnt get too much direct heat and dial in the temperature to about 650-700 F. You´ll need a lot of charcoal for that.
Once the stone is hot enough slide on the pies and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Take a look through the exhaust holes with a flashlight to check the pies instead of openening the lid so you dont lose all the heat everytime.

DM

I knew before even opening the thread that it was going to be stunning but was still blown away by the cook and the pics... Absolutely fantastic! What type of lens do you use for those close up shots?

What type of lens do you use for those close up shots?

My cam is a panasonic G3 and my favourite lense is the 20mm panasonic lense.

Don Marco- what recipe do you use for the dough? Really looks good

Thats just a classic dough - italian type 00 flour, fresh yeast, olive oil, water and a little bit of sugar and salt.
I make it a day or two ahead and let it sit in the fridge. Comes out very good usually.

DM

Back