Pitmaster Moe! Congrats!

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Moe, although I did not care for the format of this year's show, a national TV appearance rocks! Congrats buddy! Good luck in the finals!

Good Job Moe. But.......I don't like it at all:hand:. Too much like all the other reality shows:doh:. Good luck later on!!

Moe, although I did not care for the format of this year's show, a national TV appearance rocks! Congrats buddy! Good luck in the finals!

Good Job Moe. But.......I don't like it at all:hand:. Too much like all the other reality shows:doh:. Good luck later on!!

glad I didn't watch it then, it didn't look good in the previews.

Moe best of luck in the finals. I found the format OK still liked the old format better. My wife stated she liked this format much better then the old format.

I agree. I watched it with an open mind.....I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

Not sure I'm going to make it a priority to watch it like last season. Heck my wife didnt even care for it:tsk:

I didn't like it much either, I mean it's a BBQ-competition...not a sides-competition! Who wants to get sent home based on catfish or slaw when the main meat is just getting started?!? I can see good contestants canceling on them because of that.

But like the other cooking shows I enjoy, I can still pick up some tidbits of information that I can use. I'll keep watching for a while to see if it gets better.

Watched 2 minutes and changed the channel. That's all I've got to say about it.

Way to go Moe!! Thought the new "Style" was a bit boring, and the host is a TOOL. Still very glad to see real BBQ people doing their thing! At least it isn't another cake challenge...

Good job Moe. I hope the show does well, but it'll have to do it without our
viewing. Loved it last year; now it's just another reality show (which we dont
watch). It lost the BBQ.

great job man! congrats on the win and the egged planked catfish looked awesome!

I take back my bad mouthing the show from this spring.
Is it as good as last year...no
There is not enough BBQ purists watching to keep it as it was, nobodys fault just didn't have the numbers.
Is it worth watching...absolutely
You get to watch Myron act like a dick, Okrahs ex chef act all uppity, and a big ol hungry ex football player eat with a smile on his face.

I got to see Iowa Brother Moe prevail with his mommas cookin lessons, and a good ol boy hippie spray water on his coals.. what more can you hope for on Thur. night at 9??
Is it like last year? Don't care I'm a gonna watch it anyhoo.
Ed

Nice job, Moe! Good to see you beat the cowgirl and the t-shirt team.

Last year, Pitmasters was more or less a documentary about the world of competition barbecue. This year, it's just another reality show. I will continue to watch because it is awesomely cool to see our friends on national TV but that's the only reason I'll keep watching. The host is a weenie.

Last year, Pitmasters was more or less a documentary about the world of competition barbecue. This year, it's just another reality show. I will continue to watch because it is awesomely cool to see our friends on national TV but that's the only reason I'll keep watching. The host is a weenie.
You know your weenies!!! I agree, the show is not my favorite but it was still fun to watch. We just competed against him a few weeks ago so it was fun to see him on there.

Congrats Moe!

If I never see another episode, it will be okay.

I probably will 'watch' them just to see friends. But I'll watch on the internet or old reruns so that TLC won't get the ratings. Then it will either go away, or they will change it back to the show we all loved.

Congrats Moe!!! Hope to see you in Marshall in a few weeks.

The show...another made for TV, over-the-top, sensationalized...well you know what I mean. I'll still watch if only to keep tabs on my fellow competitors. You never know how many laughs you can get from a few cocktails talking about cooking catfish and rattlesnake. I expect there will be new threads on this and other sites with numerous recipes for these new KCBS categories!

Back